Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i wanna change the v7 and v8 of my ibanez 1570,but I don't have any idea of what pickup should I buy.

I was thinking about evolution's one,because they seems to have a nice rock sound and seems to be really clear but I don't know if they can do the job for a little bit of hard rock...

On dimarzio web site,they told that combine tone zone + paf pro can be really good but I never tried...

Anybody have idea for pickups?

Thanks

Please pardon my english !

·
Registered
937 Posts
Evolution would do the job well i'd think.

Of corse, i believe DiMarzio offer a sendback service where if you don't like the sonic quality of the pickup, you can exchange it for another.

If you don't like the Evolutions, send em back and try Breeds, Tone Zones, AN's or whatever. Afterall, it's all about experimenting and all you're loosing out on is a bit of solder! :p

·
Registered
55 Posts
Duncan Distortion was pretty good for a beefy sound as I recall. Its not a full blown metal pickup like say a EMG 81, but I think it would suit hard rock playing style pretty well.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
hot rock tone...hehe. we all have our favorites. i personally love the air norton/tone zone combo. although i use a paf pro/tone zone combo, alnico2 pro/jb, and ibzusaf4/super3. several s/s/h rigs as well. tell you what, tho. for the basswood body axe you've got, the fred/super3 rig is awesome. the 59/custom is sweet as well. that combo will give you a good sweet neck tone, and a biting hot rock tone in the bridge. i will probably get flamed, but i hate the evo in a basswood axe. lead tone cuts through, tho. really great if you are in a band with more than one guitar player.

rich

·
Registered
403 Posts
lyconxero said:
An Evolution can do rock, hard rock, and metal quite well. Of course, nothing compares to an EMG to suit those needs IMO.
If this is your choice, go for EMG81 on the Bridge and EMG60 on the neck (Zakk Wylde Specs, I think..)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Either that or the classic EMG 81, 85 combo, that is found on loads of guitars now. Specifically ESP models. As long as you have the 81 in the bridge, you will be as happy as larry.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
for rty13ibz98: Yes i'm the lead guitar in my band....

So,I will try the evolution's pickup at bridge&neck and maybe will try the blue velvert for my single coil.

for Chud: You think,If I dislikes this pickups,I can bring back them to the shop and they gonna give me another dimarzio's brand pickup? (evolution cost a bit more than other dimarzio.)

Thanks for help everybody!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts