Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Heres The Story Back When I Was About 2 Or So They Had A Chemical Spill Called Oxychem Everyone (Over 18) got about 5,500$ And Well The Rest For Those Who We're Underage Was Stored Till They We're 18 Growing With In Intrest Well.......My B-day Is Coming Up And Im Suppose To Get 8,500 $ And Im Having A Hard Time Deciding What To Get Im Stuck Between Basicly The JemV7WH The Bad Horsie Or The UV777

Someone Help Me Out

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Very simple solution - do you prefer to play a 6 string or a 7 string;)

I have a vwh and love it. Bad Horsie - well it's a Jem..that says it all:D Couldnt tell you about the UV777 but I always hear they are top notch.

Even better solution - with $ 8,500 you can buy one of each:D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol i've only played a hand full of 7 strings as we dont get many down here and i've never played a universe the 7 strings i have played are John petrucci signature as far as the bad horsie i think of it and think too much maintence i have cats who could stratch the **** out of it and as for the jem i've wanted the white jem forever since i first saw vai with evo and yeah that would be nice to buy all the jems but i need the rest of the money for other things

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah But That UV Is Sooooo Tempting,lol im soo undecided Anyone know if like u havbe to ask for J craft models or they cost more or something or if they even matter cauyse ive seen some UV's that are j crafts and some jems that are....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol i put that cause i couldnt think of any other name on MYSPACE plus my background on there is a multicolored Universe Hence the name.....and i just added it here

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
DNA = fantastic - However - you may think more like - VWH 2ND hand for say $1500 (check the for sales here) and getting a great amp and effects - it's always worth remembeing that the best guitar ever made played through a 5watt practice amp will sound, well, exactly like a 5watt practice amp, whereas a Korean made RG550 through a heinous Mesa Boogie stack or a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp will have women and children running for cover, small birds falling out of the sky in shock and poorly constructed local buildings being condemned as massive cracks start to appear in their foundations........

...... it's all a question of balance I suppose - BTW, I've never actually dealt with Rich, but by all accounts he's the best guy in the business when you're talking high end Ibanez.

Cheers, and wise choosing,
David.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
personally id go with the VWH, plays amazingly, and w/ the spare cash theres room for mods, (sustainer anyone?)
i heard some bad stuff about the finish on the bad horsie jem, like it cracking without reason. vwh seems more low maintinence (and still looks fantastic)

wish i had that kind of $$$ to throw around ;) have fun with it

·
Registered
764 Posts
David McCarroll said:
whereas a Korean made RG550 through a heinous Mesa Boogie stack or a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp will have women and children running for cover, small birds falling out of the sky in shock and poorly constructed local buildings being condemned as massive cracks start to appear in their foundations........
David.
LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Eddie,

Last time I looked Rich had a player UVMC!!

with any of the guitars you mentioned... if you get a decent used price you could resell for about the sameif you keep it in about the same condition...... so why not take 2006 to try them all out!! And then make your decision!!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.