Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At school for guitar class we have a "open preformance" day every 2 weeks or so where we get to go up and play a song or 2 infront of the class. i want a song to learn like vai/satch/eric johnson/yngwie etc... something in that terms to play next time (2-3 weeks) iv been playing for about a year and have a ibanez rg370dx. so can anybody recomend a song thats not to hard to learn to play next time?

·
Registered
881 Posts
guitarshredder7 said:
me personally would learn far beyond the sun by yngwie, i played it in my schools talent show and got 1st place :) its impressive
note for note, at original tempo? any recordings of that or something similar that you've done. sounds impressive indeed!

BTW, i'd go for satch boogie. its got a great hook to it that anyone can enjoy.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why does everyone always list Liberty in easy Vai stuff to play? I still find those fast runups etc really hard, and haven't mastered them yet at all. Yet I can play stuff like Dyin Day, Sisters and The Crying Machine and they don't come up as often (yes I know someone mentioned Dyin Day in this thread, its just an example).

Play Satch Boogie if you want to wow, or Sisters if you want something fairly easy and nice. Good thing about the Boogie is that it's pretty loose, so you can improv around instead of playing it exactly note for note.

Always With Me...is a good one too. Surfing With The Alien isn't too hard either.

Pull off the Attitude Song and I'm sure your fellow students will respect you for months to come :D. You'd be hard pushed to learn it in 2 weeks though.

I'd go with Satch Boogie.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
learningtolive said:
Why does everyone always list Liberty in easy Vai stuff to play?
It's short. Even if you think the technique is difficult, it only gets hairy in 2 or 3 spots. Plus, the alternate picking is pretty standard, the tapping is minimal, and the fact that it's so much like Ode to Joy makes it popular with non-guitar audiences.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Satriani's "Day at the Beach (New Rays from an Ancient Sun)" from Flying in a Blue Dream
There are tabs available, you can get it in 2 or 3 weeks, it sounds good, and looks great ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.