Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want some neon Green or Orange, or Pink, doesnt really matter much, but neon colored Volume and Tone Knobs and a lever switch tip for my up-coming Ibanez projects.

Ibanez used to sell the little accessory packs with the knobs and stuff, they dont anymore because the 80's are over. I heard somewhere that they were made by Dimarzio, so emailed Dimarzio about them and they said they didnt make them and didnt ever produce them.

So, im still looking for a good place to buy some neon plastic knobs.

Where can I find some? List some websites if you would that have these availible. Allparts only has a hot pink knob, and its not very cool looking.

Thanks! Ive been looking all over but no success.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Good luck finding Ibanez painted neon knobs, wich are the ones you`d like. I`ve looked every damn place immaginable and the only place i found some was on **** and a guy here selling some once.

I`ve got a set of yellow Ibanez plastic ones if you`d like. I paid $25, so same price to you.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
996 Posts
Your best bet is trying to get the NOS Ibanez knobs off a member here, like 7 stringer offer. That's how i got mine. Failing that, if you really want the Ibanez ones, Rich at Ibanezrules normally has them, but they will be at a high price.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Yeah, white base one here too. I've seen a lot of crappy looking ones and I'm surprised mine are still looking nice. They are exactly like the day I bought them.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Mine are also white based, and i don't have a problem with them.
I think you'll find if the knobs are truly NOS Ibanez ones you won't have the paint problem.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
^^^ LOL. Anne. Tut tut.

Anyway, just to be clear on this, Ibanez now only sells the coloured plastic ones nowadays, they don't sell the old white base knobs anymore. Actually, if you ask JAY13 over at the Ibanez forum, he can still get blue ones and green (it might have been pink, I forget) ones. I was talking to him about it recently (I was after some red ones same as the RG770DX type knobs). Oh, and he changed his name to "ibanez.com" on the forums a while back. If you buy from him / Ibanez direct, you'll get them a LOT cheaper than what anyone else is trying to charge for them.

·
Registered
393 Posts
^^^ LOL. Anne. Tut tut.

Anyway, just to be clear on this, Ibanez now only sells the coloured plastic ones nowadays, they don't sell the old white base knobs anymore. Actually, if you ask JAY13 over at the Ibanez forum, he can still get blue ones and green (it might have been pink, I forget) ones. I was talking to him about it recently (I was after some red ones same as the RG770DX type knobs). Oh, and he changed his name to "ibanez.com" on the forums a while back. If you buy from him / Ibanez direct, you'll get them a LOT cheaper than what anyone else is trying to charge for them.
God damn did i ever bust my a** to find red ones, never did. I bugged one of my friends for over a year to get his original knobs off his 770dx, he finaly gave in...LOL I gave him the red plastic ones i ordered, that i couldn`t stand anymore....LOL

Are the painted knobs Universaljems sells like the original Ibanez ones? The sure seem like it.

Chris

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
I'm not sure about the ones at Universal JEM's, I haven't seen those. I'll go check.

EDIT: They are painted, so the colours look pretty good, but they have the smaller text again.

EDIT 2: Hmmm, the colours aren't that nice, on a second look. They really look crap! Here are some blow-ups anyway.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts