Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally , I'd love to see a line of RG re-issues that have bright colors like Loch ness green , Fluorescent Pink , Road flare red , neon blue , neon purple , swirls .
also have matching color shark tooth inlays on a maple fretboard.
I'm tired of the bland look that they have moved to lately. too many dark ,drab colors.
Ibanez is synonymous with bold guitars that are as visually stunning as they are easy and fun to play.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Not just reissue but how about newer models with older colors? A Jemsite user SonicBlur has an RG1527 in the Grabber Blue you see on a lot of Mustangs now and it's amazing! And Ben Eller's roadflare red seven - brilliant!
So even if there isn't a huge market for these why not release limited runs every year? Maybe Ibanez got bit on the RG770CA and LB reissues? or the RG1550's in poison pumpkin or phantom blue? Or all the DY models they tried recently? I don't know. They seem popular enough and some were released during that double-threat of a bad recession and bad USD/Yen exchange rate. But the reissues seem to all have the old spec square neck joint.
Release an RG655 in Gotta Have It Green, even as a run of 1,000 units maybe, and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
1000 units is a hell of a lot. A few dozen maybe.

Think of it from other side, .... what dealer would order these from Ibanez (commit and pay $ to inventory) a Green or Pumkpin color RG?

·
Registered
428 Posts
+1 for purple neon. Get them to move the volume pot further away from the strings more often while they're at it - like the PGM / Titan / MTM / RG620 models.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts