Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just won a mint RG1570 with neon green dimarzio pickups and was thinking of getting matching Knobs and Selector. Can someone point me in the direction of these? Also, what kind of pots do the RG1570 have , split shaft or the other type? thank you, its my first post here

·
Registered
450 Posts
Awesome guitar.... i was looking at getting it myself. congratulations. The neon green knobs and switch tip are very rare.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just got the closest things to them on M u s i c 1 2 3 for very cheap. I cant wait for my new guitar and parts =]

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Yes, split shaft pots.

As for knobs, you might have a hard time finding the "real" ones, and when you do, they will be costly. What you get nowadays is the cheap looking plastic ones, as on the JEM 20th. The original neon Ibanez knobs had a white base and they were painted. I have a set of barely-used pink ones here that are almost 20 years old. They were supposed to be bought by a guy here, nightofthelivingshred, but he hasn't contacted me since 03-19-2008.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm so the price that rich has them up for ( about 80.00 USD ) isnt absurd? and those are the best looking and closest looking ones available to the ones on a jem or uv? that sucks. Because we shared a few emails in which i told him his price was highway robbery. i have just gotten into ibanez ( my first ever guitar was an ibanez RG2EX1 but i hated that guitar after playing it for about a year. the bridge would cut up my hand when palm muting ) after having splurged on the higher end schecters for my beggining few years, i am now done with schecter and are more familiar with Forums and the web, i joined this site prior to purchasing a RG1570 which i have had interest in for a while. The selling point on the one i just bought on **** was ( i have to admit =\ ) neon green dimarzios on the black finish, thinking it was one of a kind and not knowing about the UVBK's that look identical. regardless, after perusing through the forums endless and useful information, everyone praises Rich and he seems very devoted to Ibanez and his customers. I would like to suck up my pride and publicly apologize to Rich. I sir, am a douche.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
really? o_o im not familiar with that song

good call on the 123 knobs, i cancelled the order right after what you said, fearing they were going to be hideous and gigantic. i almost threw away my hard earned money =\
thanks for the heads up Rich, after i recover financially from this guitar i will be sure to support your buisness from here on out!

·
Vendor
26,427 Posts
Like I had said, if they were OK for you then that's cool. It's not like anything is going to match perfect anyway. They were cheap.

I've got second gen solid green vol [JEM20], but vols only.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
hmmm so the price that rich has them up for ( about 80.00 USD ) isnt absurd? and those are the best looking and closest looking ones available to the ones on a jem or uv?
No, the price IS absurd, especially considering that they are just plain white Strat knobs which were painted! But I challenge anyone to try finding some of those knobs, they are very hard to find in good condition. Rich has brand new ones (old stock), and that's the price these original parts sell for nowadays. If you're trying to bring an old JEM back into great condition it's probably not such an insane price. It's the same for any guitar enthusiast -- people spend hundreds on e-Bay for a couple of old Strat knobs, for example.

Yes, the white base knobs are the same as appeared on the original JEM and UV guitars. Unfortunately, everything else (the moulded plastic ones) look a bit rubbish, but they might do the job if you don't want to spend a fortune.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
just out of curiousity- why hasnt anyone made GOOD duplicates of these knobs? i mean look at the ingenuity and skill that goes into recreating these Custom JEM's and modifing these high qaulity instruments...your telling me i cant get a ****ing knob in a certain color unless its 10 years old? jesus

Someone figure it out because theres some money waiting for you at the end of the neon green/pink/yellow/orange colored road =D :wink:

EDIT::
Im thinking im going to buy a crapload of white strat knobs, figure out the exact color of the neon green knobs and take up a little art project to figure out how to recreate it...unless there are any good objections as to why id be waisitng my time lol.

I just hate hows theres an outcry for this item and some people have to settle with differently colored or straight ugly knobs =\ like i almost did

·
Registered
450 Posts
just out of curiousity- why hasnt anyone made GOOD duplicates of these knobs? i mean look at the ingenuity and skill that goes into recreating these Custom JEM's and modifing these high qaulity instruments...your telling me i cant get a ****ing knob in a certain color unless its 10 years old? jesus

Someone figure it out because theres some money waiting for you at the end of the neon green/pink/yellow/orange colored road =D :wink:

EDIT::
Im thinking im going to buy a crapload of white strat knobs, figure out the exact color of the neon green knobs and take up a little art project to figure out how to recreate it...unless there are any good objections as to why id be waisitng my time lol.

I just hate hows theres an outcry for this item and some people have to settle with differently colored or straight ugly knobs =\ like i almost did
This is the same philosophy the swirlers of this site have. At some stage you'll realise that it's gonna cost more time and money than just buying them in the first place.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
good objection...well the strat knobs are cheap...but what else would i need? just one single type of paint maybe some paintbrushes?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts