Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I play in an unsigned band called Nerve End. You can check out our latest music video (featuring my Ibanez UV7S) here:

I also recorded and mixed our newest release, so if you have any questions regarding the production, I'm really happy to answer them!

Since I joined in just recently, I'll make a brief introduction:

I've been playing Ibanez guitars for over 10 years. A few years back had a brief and devastating act of infidelity with Schecter, but now I'm back playing mostly Ibanez guitars

Here are my main tools!

The guitars in the picture are (from top-left to bottom right) Ibanez UV7S, Ibanez RG827QMZ, Ibanez JPM100P4, Ibanez LS300 and Ibanez ST200.

In early 2013 I got endorsed by the Finnish importer/retailer Levytukku. I'm really glad and lucky to be a part of the official Ibanez artist roster!

(Here's the photo they put on ibanez.com. It's me doing my "angry metal singer" expression :mad:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Awesome, one of the best things I've heard for ages. Made an epic sound look effortless, well envious - you do Ibanez proud!! Love the RG827 as well. Also major drooling over the bass players $$... Would love one of those for the collection.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Awesome stuff Yonas, i have shared this with a friend of mine who is a DJ on an internet radio station in the UK, he loves it, PM me some details if you don't mind so i can put you in touch with him, he will want to give it some air time.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Wow, that's great production on that song. Fun to crank up LOUD! :D

My little criticism: I would prefer a the vocals to be a little more prominent and distinct. Sometimes they get a little lost in the mix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, that's great production on that song. Fun to crank up LOUD! :D

My little criticism: I would prefer a the vocals to be a little more prominent and distinct. Sometimes they get a little lost in the mix.
Thanks! :)

Yeah, I've heard that a lot about the vocals. Every single lead has three takes blended as one, which gives the vocals a kind of a chorusy vibe, but also makes them a bit muffled. "Hiding" the vocals was consious decision, since I wanted everyone to turn up their volume when listening to the songs.

That being said, I want to make the vocals much clearer on our upcoming full lenght album, since I've gotten way better as a singer, and there should be no real reason to hide the vocals :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.