Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
First of all it's not a production model, it's a guitar someone has put together from seperate parts or modded.

To me it's either a Jem77BFP neck one another Jem body, or it is actually a Jem77BFP with a refinished body, which would actually be a shame since the BFP bodies are gorgeous and that thing's just quite ugly.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah probably is a BFP because it is rear routed and has all the blue pickups, tone knob, volume knob, etc.

I rekon it would look pretty cool if the head stock was the same and the floral pattern on the body kinda stuck to the edge of the body instead of going in a bit.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I like it a lot. It probably was a beat up 77BFP that was refinished. Are those vines (in the body) painted or inlayed?

It looks very cool, but it needs a matching headstock

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Knightmeir said:
The trem looks fairly new.
I don't see "Jem" on the headstock, but it isn't the clearest picture I ever done seen, so I don't know.
And I done seen about eveything ;)

I think the white vines look crappy, wouldnt be to bad without them.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'm sure he could have done something far nicer with it if he had to modify it at all.
Even by finishing the body and headstock in the same colour as a VSBL it would have looked a million times better than it does now.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I dont get it. IMHO this guitar (with a matching headstock) looks 100 times better than a VSBL or a VDY, VSK, etc, etc. Plus, if the vines in the body are inlays, the guitar probably looks a lot better in a close up.

Then again, those vines may look pretty bad in a close up. The pics just arent good enough to to justice to the guitar.

Sure it could ve been done better: a VWH freatboard would probably make a better match with the the body vines. Or if the guitar body was painted in a darker violet colour with lightblue vine inlays, it would also be a better match with the neck it has. And as I said, the matching headstock is mandatory. But I still think it looks pretty cool as it is.

And, finally, before saying that someone ruined a BFP you should know how was the condition of that BFP.

Can you post better pics of the guitar? May be a close up of the vines in the body?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts