Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If any of you guys have seen Ibanez posted some of their new 2009 models here: www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_top09.php?area_id=4&year=2009&cat_id=1

I was wondering if you guys knew which models will be available in the U.S. because I have seen some pretty cool models some of the European Ibanez sites I've never seen before on the U.S. site or ever to be honest. Some of the 2009 models that caught my eye were the DTT700 Destroyer, XPT700XH Xiphos 27 fret, and there were actually some eye catching GIO models like the GRG250DX, GRG270BLPM, and the GRGS22FM which all surprisingly had Edge III tremolo systems, something you don't see on GIO's in the U.S., but I've seen one on the U.K. site. Paul Gilbert has a new sunburst PGM and there's a new Fender Strat looking Andy Timmons signature RG as well as new JEM's. So do you guys know if not all at least most 2009 models will be released onto the U.S. market or do you think Ibanez could answer this question for me?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That PGM401 looks awesome.
But where is the 301 on there??? :S
The only other one is the PGM3

I hope they don't discontinue the 301 this year because I really had my heart set on buying one this year :(

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Ibanez have to add the new PG iceman guitar to that page. PGs guitar tech said it was coming out this year when i saw him play about a month and a half ago.
Got to touch both his new models. PGM was typical ibanez; thin neck, AANJ, etc but the iceman one had single coils, square neck joint, fat neck, all kinds of awesome retro features.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
That PGM401 looks awesome.
But where is the 301 on there??? :S
The only other one is the PGM3

I hope they don't discontinue the 301 this year because I really had my heart set on buying one this year :(
Now would be the time to get one, there's probably a few out there unsold and music stores will be willing to deal.

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
I have 1 301 left, it's $100 under the posted prices on my site to blow it out. It was a distributor reneck, came in November but had a twisted neck, they put a new neck on it and sent it back to me, so the serial number doesn't match the box or paperwork but still 100% warranty covered none the less.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Would you believe me if I told you that that one was in the catalog last year?

You better not. It's new, the model is called 'Darkstone'. The one you posted is the DN500: full sapele with a new kind of humbuckers.

This is the DN400:

Also sapele with Humbuckersized singlecoils.

·
Registered
940 Posts
If any of you guys have seen Ibanez posted some of their new 2009 models here: www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_top09.php?area_id=4&year=2009&cat_id=1

I was wondering if you guys knew which models will be available in the U.S. because I have seen some pretty cool models some of the European Ibanez sites I've never seen before on the U.S. site or ever to be honest. Some of the 2009 models that caught my eye were the DTT700 Destroyer, XPT700XH Xiphos 27 fret, and there were actually some eye catching GIO models like the GRG250DX, GRG270BLPM, and the GRGS22FM which all surprisingly had Edge III tremolo systems, something you don't see on GIO's in the U.S., but I've seen one on the U.K. site. Paul Gilbert has a new sunburst PGM and there's a new Fender Strat looking Andy Timmons signature RG as well as new JEM's. So do you guys know if not all at least most 2009 models will be released onto the U.S. market or do you think Ibanez could answer this question for me?
What country is that ibanez website because I followed that link and it's an odd section, and how did you find it?

·
Registered
51 Posts
What country is that ibanez website because I followed that link and it's an odd section, and how did you find it?
I believe it's the Japan site.

Pat Metheny is a Jazz guitarist.

the 401's colour..wow that's a really big turn off to me.

The 27 fret Xiphos and the "Destroyer" look great though

·
Registered
940 Posts
I agree, 1550mPPN & 27 fret xiphos are my most wanted from this year. Speaking of, they should make a prestige Xiphos or destroyer, that would be cool.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sighs if only that 27 fret xiphos had a prestige neck and a good trem(seriously ibanez edge III on this baby?)...
anyways alot of the 2009 models are cool especially cuz they have dimarzio pups! =D

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
That's just what he calls himself on "talk like a pirate day".

Y'know, like " arrrrhh me harties, me name be pat Metherny"

Maybe I should stop drinking now....

Rock on!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts