Ibanez JEM Forum banner

New 7 string Dimarzio Ionizer's

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Takin' a Ride 
#1 ·
I was browsing e-b-a-y for seven string pickups, just a random look but the I saw the Ionizer 7 neck mid and bridge pickups listed. There were a 7 string version of the super distortion as well.
I never paid any attention to the 8 string Ionizers cos I am not interested in 8 string guitars, but now for the 7 string version made me curious.
So has anyone played the 8 string Ionizer and knows how they sound and how close they are to different DiMarzio models?

#4 ·
oh man they sound awesome ! Do you also have clean sound vidz ? What stroke me when Tosin played the ionizers was how crystal clear the cleans were, do the 7 strings version sound alike ?

Starting to feel PAS for them (does that term exist ? :D) I would gladly put a pair of them in my APEX :)

#6 ·
Hey Art! What do you think of the ionizer 7 in basswood? I'm into modern and Progressive metal and I like to split my pickups for clean tones as well. Will I be able to get tones like you're getting on your youtube examples or should I go with something else like the illuminator? I would like to be able to get a tight, aggressive sound with plenty of attack for recording. Your ionizer pickup video is by far my favorite sound of all your pickup demos. Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.