Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Congrats on your first 7! The 7620 was my first 7-string that I picked up back in '98. It was black but I refinished it in arctic white and put 2 white blazes in them. I still have it and I love it.

It's a Lo Pro Edge. The 7420's had the Lo TRS. ;)

Nice guitar, man and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I'm glad it's a Lo-pro Edge 7, I've heard bad things about the lo-trs7.

I think I'm going to refinish this guitar, probably some kind of purple colour.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The 7620 is a great guitar and at the prices they go for, very well worth it. I got mine in 1999, its VampireKiss Red which I used to hate but now I really like it. Right now its got 2 EMG707's in it, and looks awesome. The RG7621 is badass too.

BV

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I saw that on E bay.
The guy had sanded the body just enough to take the gloss off but it looked like he'd just left the pickups in and sanded the top of those too.

How much did you get it for in the end?

It looked like it would have made a good project guitar for the right price.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
You got that for a very nice price indeed. I would have paid more for that if it had gone up too. I was watching that one actually - but I missed it. I would have bid on it if I remembered, but as I say I forgot all about it. But never mind - you got a nice result there. With a bit of TLC and a clean-up, it will be awesome.

·
Registered
491 Posts
You're the lucky one - I was another who was watching it, but I was out on Tues night when it went - you definitely got a good deal, even with the body needing refinishing. Congrats.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
bizzare6543 said:
Thanks man, I'm glad it's a Lo-pro Edge 7, I've heard bad things about the lo-trs7.

I think I'm going to refinish this guitar, probably some kind of purple colour.
You see, I have an S 7420 as well and it has the Lo TRS. I dont like it as much as the Lo Pro Edge on my 7620 and PWH but still, it has grown on me.
The Lo TRS isn't all that bad. Compared to the Lo Pro Edge, it isn't as good IMO. ;)

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Flobanez said:
You see, I have an S 7420 as well and it has the Lo TRS. I dont like it as much as the Lo Pro Edge on my 7620 and PWH but still, it has grown on me.
The Lo TRS isn't all that bad. Compared to the Lo Pro Edge, it isn't as good IMO. ;)
Got a pic of your S 7420 ;).

Regards

André

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.