Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.. I just got my new bc rich couple days ago. It's really a great guitar and it almost plays by itself. Anyway, here's the pics for whom might be interested!

Thanks for watching and comments are always welcome!

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Very smooth looking. I don't like the inlay, but the rest of it is really cool.

Specifications from the website

Construction: neck through
Body wood: nato (eastern mahogany)
Body thickness: 45mm
Top style: deep arched
Body binding: white multi-ply

Headstock style: small traditional 3 to a side
Headstock color: onyx
Headstock binding: multi-ply white
Tuners: Grover Rotomatics

Neck wood: maple
Back of neck: onyx
Neck binding: multi-ply white
Neck profile: thin
Neck thickness at fret 1: 19mm
Neck thickness at fret 12: 21mm
Neck radius: 430mm

Fretboard: ebony
Inlay: white pearloid bird skull
Frets: 24 jumbo 2.7mm
Factory strings: 9 - 42
Nut: 43mm
Scale: 25 1/2”

Bridge type / Tailpiece type: Floyd Rose original tremolo
Pickups: 2 black chrome covered Rockfield mafia humbuckers
Controls: 1 volume, 1 three-way toggle and 1 tone. Tone knob is a push pull that is a coil tap that cancels the two outside coils of each humbucker.
Hardware: black chrome

Special features: two end of body strap buttons for a custom strap fit and instrument positioning, revolver knobs
Finish: painted glossy
Color: onyx

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Im not too keen on that inlay either, but it doesn't ruin the guitar for me. here's some pics:

I didn't take closeup pics on those pots, so this will have to make it for now. (got no camera here)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
thanks dude,
I own a Virgo Platinum (Nato, BDSM, ebony..)

it's a very nice axe for the price, sounding very well
Yours seems to be better though !

how much have you paid ?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was 599 euros from Thomann. The guitar is just superb for it's price tag. I've had 7 string jackson dinky, ibanez roadstar 440p, ibanez sa260, ltd mmv04 and some ****ty epiphone sg, and this beats them all by far. I have been missing my roadstar, but now my needs have been satisfied with better guitar :) Those rockfield pickups are great! Many people have said that theyre purely just rock pups, and do not work on metal, but thats just gibberish. Sure, i dont see myself playing any tr00 blackmetal from the depths of hell, but these can cover Slayer, Helloween, Impaled Nazarene, Strapping Young Lad and so on.. So no need for pup changing here.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pickups are great. I've had several different pups in my guitars (SD JB, SD Dimebucker, EMG 81, EMG 707 just to mention few) and these are my favorite so far. Theyre good for metal, and still they clean up nicely when you roll down volume. And the cleans are good too, very full sounding. I have found myself playing the cleans on splitted neck pup recently, and its just fantastic.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wow looks like a beaut.

I have to say tho, it would look even more awesome with the old reverse headstock. ( I mean the one thats like half ibby half esp if u know what i mean lol)

The fretboard looks awesome imo.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Nope it doesn't.

I think that is a gorgeous gutiar man. I really like it. I had no idea BC rich makes such good looking stuff.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, me either, til one day I saw the newer ones.. Don't really like all those pointy things (beast, warlock et cetera), but these new ones are cool. And now I'm having serious gas on the new JR V Deluxe, I think its more on the traditional flying V - King V side, rather than moser kinda monster :)

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
The headstock doesnt really look bad (at least to my eye..). Here's a closer shot of it.
Man, that little nub on the treble side of the headstock kills it. If it would have been symmetrical it would've been nicer. Still, great looking guitar.

You said the push/pull pot cancels the 2 outside coils on each pickup, how many coils do they have?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I didn't say anything like that.. It was the other guy. But anyway, theyre normal humbuckers. With splitting options. :D

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Man, that little nub on the treble side of the headstock kills it. If it would have been symmetrical it would've been nicer. Still, great looking guitar.

You said the push/pull pot cancels the 2 outside coils on each pickup, how many coils do they have?
It's the same "prob" if it is a prob ! with the Virgo

But I must insist on the BDSM PU by BCRich, they are jewels in a wood box !

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Cool, I just got an Asassin FX-6 off the bay for $480 as a knock around and it is a great axe for the money. Brand new Neck-thru guitar for less that $500US? Mine is a hardtail but I saw you can get one with a real OFR for $699! Crazy!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I'm a fan of the Kent Armstrong KAMB - and I put it on all my prefered axes, but in the BCRich :no, no, and no

a drunken player test :
with GT8

·
Registered
592 Posts
Pickups are great. I've had several different pups in my guitars (SD JB, SD Dimebucker, EMG 81, EMG 707 just to mention few) and these are my favorite so far. Theyre good for metal, and still they clean up nicely when you roll down volume. And the cleans are good too, very full sounding. I have found myself playing the cleans on splitted neck pup recently, and its just fantastic.
So you reckon its ok for the real high-gain stuff? I'm looking for Lamb Of God styled tones, this guitar seems like the solution to my problem

1 - 20 of 23 Posts