Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, thanks to Rich I should at some point be getting a nice old (bit beat, but as it's going to get played that is an inevitability) UV7PWH.

I've loved these for ages, and now I can't wait untill it arrives, in fact, i've found myself staring longingly at the pics on Rich's site!

This and the 7string acoustic that's on it's way is getting me all excited ;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It arrived, thanks Rich:) Just been giving her a quick simple setup for the heavier strings (dunno what was on her, but the low B felt like a rubber band...) and had to drill out a tuning peg to take the .70 (it really is necessary, but quite simple to do really). Slapped an extra spring in the back as well to deal with the added tension of the strings I use.

I chose to set her up myself, although there are a few things to do which I have to figure out how to!

When i get some cleaning stuff I will clean her up and she needs the frets polishing a bit as there is a light bit of corrosion on them, but otherwise it's all good.

I haven't intonated it yet, but playing about with it I must say the Edge trem has a totally diofferent feel and seems "springier" than the lo-pro. It's interesting comparing it to the UV7BK, but will be better once they've both been given the once over as they (and the 2027) all need a bit of tweaking, and with the lovely intonation tools I bought of rich this should be a lot more pleasant experience than what you usually have to go through...

It's a gorgeous gutar, really nice with the faded white and the pyramids just look awesome. Neck is just lovely too :)

Much nicer than buying a new guitar :) I stand by buying second hand :lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.