Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have been shooting in Chicago here and there since easily Spring 2007 and parts in the fall of 2006. I remember driving past one of the libraries downtown on a weekend while on the way home from work and seeing a crew outside doing something. I looked up while at the red light and saw etched into the side of the building "Gotham city library." WHAT? it didn't register at first...it looked very real. they hoisted stone planks with the Gotham city library words etched into it. That was the first encounter. Various streets were blocked off at night when no one was around for more filming and 2 weeks ago we get this letter, as did all businesses in the Chicago loop area....

they used a "cover-up" film title of course, as most studios do.....

July 25, 2007,

Dear LaSalle St. Building Managers and Business owners,

Warner Bros. is filming a motion picture currently entitled Rorys First Kiss in downtown Chicago. Warner Bros. will be filming night scenes on Lasalle Street between Jackson and Madison in July.

Currently our dates for filming on LaSalle, between Jackson and Madison in July will be:

THURSDAY NIGHT, JULY 26TH THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT, JULY 29TH.
We will be filming exclusively in the evenings, roughly 7PM to 6AM each night.

Warner Bros. will be closing traffic on LaSalle St. after the evening rush hour for safety. Emergency vehicles will be allowed through at all times. We will be fully permitted with the City Of Chicago and we have the CPD and the CFD and CTA Supervisors with us during filming.

The following streets will be limited to emergency vehicles from approximately 6pm to approximately 5am Sunday morning:

• LASALLE STREET BETWEEN MADISON AND JACKSON

Due to helicopter filming, an extended closure may at times include:

• ADAMS STREET (BETWEEN WELLS & CLARK)
• MONROE STREET (BETWEEN WELLS & CLARK)
• JACKSON STREET (BETWEEN WELLS & CLARK)

Please know that we will make every effort to accommodate local delivery/pick-up traffic, handicap transportation and other essential services.

Please know that we are working with the full cooperation of the Mayor's Office of Film and the Chicago Police and Fire Departments and that we are fully insured for all of our activities.

If you have particular concerns (scheduled deliveries, construction, accessibility needs, etc.) that need to be addressed, please call the Locations Department at **********.

Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,
The Locations Department

Here is a photo of one of many items......this is all we could get.....

doesn't look like much here but i'm sure it was just something thrown together and to set a-blaze. i'm sure there was a tow cable attached from above to emulate a flaming copter crashing to the ground.

Steve

·
Banned
328 Posts
Only on a board like Jemsite does this thread get NO ATTENTION. This is pretty cool. I know alot of people who are really psyched for this to come out. I personally don't think it'll be good as the original Batman, but only time will tell.

Chicago seems like a good choice for a filming location.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm surprised it has had no attention. we got another memo last night. they will be filming this weekend again. the joker is going to be making his appearance in this film. basically, forget everything you saw with the first batman movies....it should start with batman begins....and continues with this one. it should be very good. a lot darker.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Cool stuff. Getting to see parts coming togethr but it sucks to have traffic tie ups over it. Thanks for sharing the news ;)

I lived in the Chicagoland area in High School - it was a cool place.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
They were casting for extras a few weeks ago, if I'd had time I would have submitted my resume, but time is short these days. That pic looks like a mock-up helicopter for a ground shot after it hit the ground.
You can also look at the City of Chicago's Film Office for current and upcoming film productions. WGN had a quick shot of the Batmobile, and some kid from make a wish getting a ride in it. Pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Heath Ledger's playing the Joker in this one. He looks really bizarre from the pictures I've seen. Batman's also getting a new costume. It's a lot more armored than it was in Batman Begins.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this one. Batman Begins was as dark as hell, so I'm expecting a lot from The Dark Knight.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I agree. The Batman movies should begin with Batman Begins and move forward. The earlier movies were pretty weak. These new ones are much truer to the comic batman. He's supposed to be this huge, truly pissed off crime fighter that gets off on beathing the hell out of bad guys. He's also a little twisted. When they announced Michael Keaton as Batman, I was like, yeah right. The new stuff's much truer to "The Dark Night."

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Funny anecdote about the filming.

They had one scene on LaSalle st where he is riding his motorcycle and there are some explosions. One of the explosions went off right near a Kinko's store (my jerkwad employers) and shattered the storefront windows.

I heard the scene is staying in the movie, so when you see a Kinko's get its windows blasted in, that's no special effects! The movie crew had to pay a fortune to get an emergency crew out to replace the glass.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
:lol:

Cool stuff!

Now tell us how you really feel about your employer :razz: ;)

·
Registered
599 Posts
not a huge fan of the past Batman movies (I've seen parts of Batman Begins, which was decent...). If this one gets good reviews I may go see it...

Wicked story, Jay. Hell, if they already gotta shell out the cash for the window, might as well make the most of it!

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
July 25, 2007,

Dear LaSalle St. Building Managers and Business owners,

Warner Bros. is filming a motion picture currently entitled Rorys First Kiss in downtown Chicago. Warner Bros. will be filming night scenes on Lasalle Street between Jackson and Madison in July.

Currently our dates for filming on LaSalle, between Jackson and Madison in July will be:

THURSDAY NIGHT, JULY 26TH THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT, JULY 29TH.
We will be filming exclusively in the evenings, roughly 7PM to 6AM each night.

Warner Bros. will be closing traffic on LaSalle St. after the evening rush hour for safety. Emergency vehicles will be allowed through at all times. We will be fully permitted with the City Of Chicago and we have the CPD and the CFD and CTA Supervisors with us during filming.

The following streets will be limited to emergency vehicles from approximately 6pm to approximately 5am Sunday morning:

• LASALLE STREET BETWEEN MADISON AND JACKSON

Due to helicopter filming, an extended closure may at times include:

• ADAMS STREET (BETWEEN WELLS & CLARK)
• MONROE STREET (BETWEEN WELLS & CLARK)
• JACKSON STREET (BETWEEN WELLS & CLARK)
Thanks for letting us know August 9th :)

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Funny anecdote about the filming.

They had one scene on LaSalle st where he is riding his motorcycle and there are some explosions. One of the explosions went off right near a Kinko's store (my jerkwad employers) and shattered the storefront windows.

I heard the scene is staying in the movie, so when you see a Kinko's get its windows blasted in, that's no special effects! The movie crew had to pay a fortune to get an emergency crew out to replace the glass.
:lol: That's awesome!

Looking forward to this movie, Batman Begins was definitely an awesome movie, here's hoping they really get this franchise up to scratch again. c:)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Does no one else find the cover-up title funny? I mean, surely Warner Bros. could of thought of something better then 'Rorys First Kiss in downtown Chicago ' lol

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for letting us know August 9th :)
yeah, sorry, but..........

we just got yet another email yesterday. they will be filming in the evenings / early mornings this weekend...8/11-8/13. same locations. i may bring some cams on sunday night and see what i can get. depends how tired i am.
steve

·
Registered
9,296 Posts
Simple really, try and deter people from turning up to watch the shooting of the film. Less people outside, less chances for unauthorised pics/vids of the film being shot.

Also a lot of the time they haven't decided on a proper film title.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Can't wait for this to come out. I loved the first one. It was one i watched a great deal. In fact I can recite it. I think Heath Ledger is a good choice for the joker. It's gonna be great!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts