Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
timi_h said:
whoa! monstrous playing!! all he needs to do is grow up a bit :p
Hehe, the funny thing is that he has been involved in more "grown-up" projects and played with tons of progressively minded and serious musicians. That's more than can be said about most of the so called rock guitar virtuosos ;)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
pawel said:
Hehe, the funny thing is that he has been involved in more "grown-up" projects and played with tons of progressively minded and serious musicians. That's more than can be said about most of the so called rock guitar virtuosos ;)
still, the whole teenage "heres a mask i will wiggle while i pretend im a screwed up loser" act gets on my wick!!
just act yourself!!
and i agree, music wise few can argue with him!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
He is acting himself lol

There's a funny Ozzy quote somewhere over on the petrucci forms about even Ozzy thinking he was a chuffing psycho lol

I've never seen Buckethead play until i saw that video the other day, he's amazing.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Buckethead's awesome. The thing is, his playing just wouldn't be the same w/o all that psycho shtick, it's all part of the same package.

...and as far as the Ozzy thing goes, at least BH is just acting the part. A lot less pathetic than someone who's fried their brains over the years.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
The guy is a nut case! Still kinda cool........maybe, how as talented as he is, he doesn't try to sell out & cash in with his talent. He must be a very strong-willed & disciplined person not to let go of his crazy persona.

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Andelusion said:
He is acting himself lol

There's a funny Ozzy quote somewhere over on the petrucci forms about even Ozzy thinking he was a chuffing psycho lol

I've never seen Buckethead play until i saw that video the other day, he's amazing.
Yeah ozzy meet him a few months ago because he was looking for a new guitar player (ZW?). Ozzy told him had to ditch the mask and he would not call him Buckethead. Ozzy said he would only call him by his real name but BH said only his mom was allowed to do that. Ozzy's replie "Well pretend I'm your mom then" ;).

Regards

André

·
Registered
385 Posts
I really love that video. Did anyone find it amusing and interesting when he dropped reference to other guitar players? Like when he is communicating through Herbi he talks about Paul Gilbert playing him the Shawn Lane tune and him going nuts trying to learn it. And I'm certian that I have seen Shawn Lane (and probarbly other guitar players) being to 'rock' back and forth when playing, like Buckethead does in his final solo.

But my favorite thing he played was his Bootsy inspired slab.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.