Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Just like you said it needs tons of work but to my ears the worst thing is drums tones, they sound too fake, not the programming but their tones. Of course ton is subjective but still it doesn't matter if a tone is good or bad if it sounds fake.
Talking about the music itself the major problem to me is where's melody?
I only hear a bunch of glued riffs, no melody, no theme,no chord progression, no nothing.
The song has no sense at all, it doesn't matter where people start to listen they would never know where they are.
I think it's not a song but only some parts glued together without any sense and that's is the master problem, all other stuff about recording technique can be fixed with getting more knowledgement but when a song has no sense at all, even the best recording technique of the world would not be able to fix it ;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just like you said it needs tons of work but to my ears the worst thing is drums tones, they sound too fake, not the programming but their tones. Of course ton is subjective but still it doesn't matter if a tone is good or bad if it sounds fake.
Talking about the music itself the major problem to me is where's melody?
I only hear a bunch of glued riffs, no melody, no theme,no chord progression, no nothing.
The song has no sense at all, it doesn't matter where people start to listen they would never know where they are.
I think it's not a song but only some parts glued together without any sense and that's is the master problem, all other stuff about recording technique can be fixed with getting more knowledge but when a song has no sense at all, even the best recording technique of the world would not be able to fix it ;)
Thanks for your input and for listening.

I understand some people will miss melody, but in this case I decided to not have melody. Who says we NEED a melody per se?

Drums sound processed, yes, that is part of this style of music, though. But I agree, my drums need improvement (snare might have too much reverb, kick too clicky and cymbals too harsh).

As whether or not it is a song, well that lies in the ear of the beholder. ;)

Thanks,
Lars

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I like some of the riffs. I think that they would be great in a metal vocal song. I thought the guitar sound was good, nice metal tone. I'm not really a fan of the song as a whole, for some of the reasons already discussed. But again, I think some of the riffs were pretty cool.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like some of the riffs. I think that they would be great in a metal vocal song. I thought the guitar sound was good, nice metal tone. I'm not really a fan of the song as a whole, for some of the reasons already discussed. But again, I think some of the riffs were pretty cool.
I thought it was fairly awesome.
Thank you very much, guys ! :)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
it was pretty metal but just for fun, try it tuned a half step down :p and if not, add some mids and bass to your tone and cut back a bit on the trebel. its lacking that metal punch in the face you know? everything else sounded pretty awesome to me!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts