Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

We, as Cizmeli Kedi Custom Shop, TR have a new guitar.

Emerald Jem, we call it.

There you go;

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

About specs.;

bridge and hardware;Ibanez Edge Pro Cosmo Black and black/cosmo black hardware
P.Ups:DiMarzio Jem Single(m), Evolution(b) and Sustainer p.up(n)
5 piece custom neck (maple/walnut/maple/walnut/maple)
High grade Rosewood fingerboard
Jim Dunlop #6105 frets with rounded edges like j-Customs
Sustainer Unit (Fernandes FSK-101)
LEDed fingerboard

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Omg this is a beautiful swirl, I was going to a project like this but with a Vine and Led's but I decided to save money until later. Now I want to do my project again!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Pretty got guitar. I've never understood pickguards on back routed guitars (and I've never understood why some guitars are still front routed) but it's still pretty hot.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Pretty got guitar. I've never understood pickguards on back routed guitars (and I've never understood why some guitars are still front routed) but it's still pretty hot.
The pickguard still protects the paint. Plus it looks cool IMO. And clear guards would look crap with the routing showing through it.
Also this guitar is sexy! 1 question though, what is the stuff in the lions claw? It looks like dust, or is it just the paint?

·
Registered
692 Posts
The pickguard still protects the paint.
The damage a nylon/plastic pick will do to a high quality polyester finish is negligible. Even a Urethane finsh will hold up to pick abuse. The old nitro finishes, not so much. None of my urethane finished guitars have any pick scratches. And the polyester finished one definitely doesn't.

·
Registered
422 Posts
The damage a nylon/plastic pick will do to a high quality polyester finish is negligible. Even a Urethane finsh will hold up to pick abuse. The old nitro finishes, not so much. None of my urethane finished guitars have any pick scratches. And the polyester finished one definitely doesn't.
It wont leave scratches but it can leave marks on there. Plus some people just like the look of the clear guard. Me for one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The pickguard still protects the paint. Plus it looks cool IMO. And clear guards would look crap with the routing showing through it.
Also this guitar is sexy! 1 question though, what is the stuff in the lions claw? It looks like dust, or is it just the paint?
was thinking the same, looks a bit out of place, love the led's though.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Aside from the LEDs that looks great. I always thought the GMC was the nicest swirl and possibly the nicest Vai signature Ibanez ever put out.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts