Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet (especially by our buddy Tom G) :) but a new Eric Johnson dvd came out on tuesday. Recorded in 1988, it is EJ's performance from the "Austin City Limits" tv show.
The setlist is:

1. Righteous
2. Love Or Confusion
3. Steve's Boogie
4. Trail OF Tears
5. Western Flyer
6. East Wes
7. C.W.
8. Camel's Night Out
9. Emerald Eyes
10. Cliffs Of Dover
11. Desert Rose
12. Zap
13. Are You Experienced?

All i can say is that every guitar player reading this should make an effort to see the dvd. This is EJ in his prime!!!
It's also interesting to note when comparing this to the Crossroads dvd that EJ's strange taste in shirts hasn't changed much ;)
Speaking of comparisons, watch this performance of "Desert Rose" with the one on "Crossroads"- yikes!!!!!!!!

The last 4 songs in a row are stunning, but the whole show is amazing really. The performance of "Are You Experienced" features EJ doing Hendrix's backward solo from the record live (!!!!!!!!!!), and is one of the most incredible things i've ever seen in my 30+ years of being a "guitar fanatic".
The dvd runs an hour long, and there are no bonus features at all, which was disappointing, but for my money, this was still worth every penny.
peace

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
I think I saw this on TV back in the day. Austin City Limits was a great show, lots of great southern musicians have played it! This is a must have for me as well, maybe I can get lucky and find it in a Best Buy later today and watch it when the kids go to sleep :lol:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh man!! I just picked it up, this quality is great and EJ is definitely in his prime!!!! Even his vocals are pretty excellent, and Austin City Limits should put out a whole separate DVD of Hendrix covers! Anyway, this is an awesome DVD with an amazing setlist, go out AND GET THIS!!! Thanks for the heads up by the way, I never would have known otherwise!
~Adam

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AdamBilz said:
Oh man!! I just picked it up, this quality is great and EJ is definitely in his prime!!!! Even his vocals are pretty excellent, and Austin City Limits should put out a whole separate DVD of Hendrix covers! Anyway, this is an awesome DVD with an amazing setlist, go out AND GET THIS!!! Thanks for the heads up by the way, I never would have known otherwise!
~Adam
No problem- whenever i see something like this that hasn't been mentioned, i always figure there may be other "guitar junkies" like me who will want to know about it!!!!!!!!!!
peace

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.