Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Vendor
At least the announced price hike was mostly a head fake to keep the warehouses from locking up all the inventory, and what did go up was at most $100 retail.

It was always going to be a thin year, they can't keep up with back orders of the currently available so that's where their focus is, not on making a lot more different models to back order.

Registered
Mm, kinda expected - new colours on existing stuff and a bit of actual new. Those neck through RGs have a bit of the old American Master vibe. Not crazy about the hyper burl, too much coffee table :p, but the flat grey/black is cool. I imagine they'll retail over 2k easily. Interesting that such fancy guitars are becoming a thing for Indo now :unsure:.

The black AZ looks like Pete Thorn's Suhr!

Kinda dig the 5120 - maple board and flip flop paint instant cyberpunk.

Some Gios are also becoming a bit fancier these days, with sparkle finishes, gold, and figured veneers. New pickups too by the looks of it.

Registered
Mm, kinda expected - new colours on existing stuff and a bit of actual new. Those neck through RGs have a bit of the old American Master vibe. Not crazy about the hyper burl, too much coffee table :p, but the flat grey/black is cool. I imagine they'll retail over 2k easily. Interesting that such fancy guitars are becoming a thing for Indo now :unsure:.

The black AZ looks like Pete Thorn's Suhr!

Kinda dig the 5120 - maple board and flip flop paint instant cyberpunk.

Some Gios are also becoming a bit fancier these days, with sparkle finishes, gold, and figured veneers. New pickups too by the looks of it.
I really like burl tops, but the combination of burl, the uncovered neck-through stripes and the uncovered section on the body contour just doesn't work for me.

Registered
The only Prestige stuff is new finishes on existing Prestige models. That's disappointing. Does anyone know if there will be more coming and when?

But even more disappointing is the lack of interest in the S series. I just want a 7 string S Prestige with a trem. I have been struggling in finding a used S5527/ :(

Registered
I guess if we see any more new things, it might be a staggered release, and depending on how caught up they are with orders for previous year spec stuff.

I agree that the top on the burly neck throughs should've covered the arm cut. However, I stand corrected about the price 鈥 1400-1500 Euro? That's pretty good.

Playing starts around 14:00.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Someone else on Facebook noted staggered release but I didn't know how legit that was.
The Q series was an interesting roll out last year, pandemic-wise, but they probably had those in development for a few years I'm guessing.

Registered
The black Jem Jr looks like a fun modding platform.

That beautiful white J-Line from the japanese catalogue doesn't feature. Japanese market only?

The Andy Timmons model looks nice. Perhaps with a black or dark tortoiseshell pickguard to change it up a bit?

Registered
I imagine they'll be more top end models to come as Ibanez Europe's website is only showing one (legacy) J Customs model - RG8570Z | RG | ELECTRIC GUITARS | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars
All of the 25.5" scale 7-string RGs have vanished, with the RG2027XL (27" scale) being the only non-signature 7-string available above the 'standard' line.

That leaves 26.5" RGDs, the RGA742FM, the recently re-released Xiphos & Iceman, and about 3 Indonesian signature models. Still no 7-string S series and still only 'standard' line RGAs (6 or 7-string).

Registered
That is gorgeous... Holy crap I definitely want to get one of these. The price (around $2k USD) is painful for a premium though. Looks a lot like a suhr in that configuration.

Registered
That is gorgeous... Holy crap I definitely want to get one of these. The price (around $2k USD) is painful for a premium though. Looks a lot like a suhr in that configuration.

I'm definitely tempted too. Great spec.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I think you're looking at list price. Street price seems to be about $1,400. Still a bit steep for a Premium but still. I love my AZ242 and it was only a little less.
I noticed with the HSH and the Dimarzio's that they got rid of the dynamix switch. Not bad though. I don't always use mine. Maybe it's more of a PITA with an HSH config?

The big question though is - when will the supply issues calm down and when will guitars show up? I know there are bigger problems in the world, but...
Looking up in-stock guitars on many online retailers and it only shows a few dozen guitars available.

Registered
The white J-Line RG has been out for a while now. I suspect you can get one through shops/dealers which offer international shipping, like Ishibashi, TC Gakki etc., but it seems to be a Japan only thing, for all intents and purposes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.