Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I can't actually put it down for long enough to take pics, so you'll just have ta wait :p It's amazing and by far the best Ibanez/Guitar i have ever played, and i've had a few, and friends J Customs etc. I will have to wait till the weekend to find out how it sounds plugged in as i had to sell my amp last Friday due to ever mounting debt.

Big thanks to Gurj, Scott (how you held back from opening it i'll never know) and of course Rich, Bro your a star and now it's set-up to my liking infinetly better (just for the record, the set-up was perfect for anyone, playable and still in tune from it's trip across the pond, just a tad to high for my personal liking)

JPM layout is gone already, Replaced with usual 5 way and vol tone in right places, Dimarzio's Installed (Breed (B) Evo (single) Air Classic(N) needs wiring up, but looks better already with the Cosmo Pickup surrounds (anyone have black?)

So thanks to everyone involved, And check http://www.ibanezrules.com/images/gallery/ma2_stone.jpg

For the pics (coutesy of Ibanezrules)

Regards

Rob

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Nice! A great score from the man, Rich.
I bought my last guitar off him and I was very impressed and will buy my next from him.
No single coil?
Sweet guitar, man. Congrats in advance. ;)

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Really pleased you finally got it bro :D :D

It looks a sweet geeeetar dude. BTW, I maybe able to get you another Evo singlecoil if your'e interested?

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
damn nice!

favourite thing about that finish is that you probably wouldn't notice a small paint chip off an edge!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Great news Rob!

It just wasn't right to see you without a guitar.

You'll have to post some new pics for us post-modifications;).

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
I have an early 90s Jackson Rhoads with the same kind of finish, it chipped pretty easily but it was easy to hide most of the chips

·
Vendor
26,381 Posts
Honestly, I had 20 minutes between the time I grabbed the case and it was packed. I looked it over for a few seconds, wiped it down, but you knew it was an "as is" as received back from the previous purchaser deal, and I knew I had done it a month before and at most all it would need is a minor tweak ;)

I do really like that soft V shaped neck on those! It's probably one of the most comfortable Ibanez necks I've ever played.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rich said:
I do really like that soft V shaped neck on those! It's probably one of the most comfortable Ibanez necks I've ever played.
Ditto, i Have a 7620 neck in my hands, and really dont know if i like it anymore :)

Gurj, get it anyway ;)

Rob

P.S. Rich, I really could'nt have cared less if it had no strings and had to set it up myself from scratch, just stoked i have it here now ;)

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
It looks alot better in person! I had no idea it was a American Master in there, but I would have never opened it especially since it's not mine *lol*

Rob didn't waste anytime either he was already tearing it apart and throwing the new pups in less than an hour after opening!

Oh one note Rob somethings wrong with the JS wiring :razz:

Congratz!!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IbanezNorthwest said:
Great to see you you have an axe back in the house mate!

If I put it down on my kitchen worktop, you would never find it again!!
Just as well it'll never sit on your worktop :p lmao

Has a Little devil chick sticker to cover the ungodly holes while i attempt the practise dappling to cover and fill properly...Oh well back off out for me now

Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts