Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been getting the itch to get a Les Paul so I broke down and picked up a '94 Classic Plus on everyone's "favorite" auction site. It arrived today and it's in excellent condition especially for a 13 yr. old guitar. It turned out to be a really good deal.

These pictures really don't do the top justice but I'm not going to bother trying to take pictures with a flash. It may be a Premium Plus but I won't know until I check under the hood so to speak.

I've got all gold hardware (Tone Pros bridge, gold covered Dimarzios, tuners, etc. etc.) on the way so I have the amber LP w/gold hardware I always dreamed of. The gold/amber look will match nicely with my gold Brian May too. :)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Beautiful man, but you gotta leave the zebra pickups. I think its a law
Eh, I'm going to try the gold covers first and see how I like it. I've got a bad RFI/EMI problem where I'm at so the extra shielding from the covers will help. I do like the look of zebras but I want to go for the gold on this one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The pickups look great in zebra. If anyting I would go with double whites. Has a very nice top too with some cool mineral streaks next to the control knobs.

Good luck, nice Paul.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When you say "double white" you mean "double creme", correct?

I like the mineral streaks in the top too. They're very prevalent across the entire top. All in all, it's a very cool top. It's not crazy flame but more of a flip-flop type of flame. The flame's intensity varies depending on the angle it's viewed from. I like that. Sometimes you see the flame and sometimes you see the mineral streaks. I've wanted a flamed top guitar for a while and it had to be a Les Paul.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
It's nice flame man. I way prefer wide bands of flame like that to the thin stips of flame you see on some tops.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Old Gibson double whites were more white then creem, but if one likes cream then thats ok too. Mineral streaks are good sign the the maple is of the eastern verity (rock maple) harder then that of the western big leaf verity. More disireable (to most who love Pauls, like me). All in all a very nice Les Paul.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mineral streaks are good sign the the maple is of the eastern verity (rock maple) harder then that of the western big leaf verity. More disireable (to most who love Pauls, like me). All in all a very nice Les Paul.
Very interesting. Thank you for the info. All I knew is that I liked that way it looked. :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
A Norton for the bridge and a Bluesbucker for the neck. I've been looking to try both of those pickups out so a new guitar was needed. :)
After you do all that, it'll look and sound like crap. You should just send it to me;) I wouldn't want you to have to live with a guitar like that.:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts