Jem Ibanez Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, so after saving for a while I bought myself a new guitar :D And a sorta review type thing.

I had to ordered it off the internet, which made me a little worried. But, when I got it, it was perfectly set-up and played wonderfully.

I don't understand why the Edge III gets so much flak. I abused mine for nearly two hours straight and I didn't even have to use the fine tuners.

The pickups are so-so. I'm eventually going to put an X2N in there OR some blackouts for the music I play. But, they get the job done, and I like them.

The bad point so far? The black finish smudges easily.

Anyway, here it is. I got it because of the maple neck, which feels great.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! It was either this one or the Schecter Damien V-FR. I couldn't get past the stupid bat inlays.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looks very nice indeed, now get some bright coloured knobs on there to liven it up a bit :D

There should be more maple necks in the Ibanez range, they look hot.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks very nice indeed, now get some bright coloured knobs on there to liven it up a bit :D

There should be more maple necks in the Ibanez range, they look hot.
Yeah, maple boards are nice. Ibanez did a great job this year with giving us more maple in affordable price ranges and just in general.

I was planning on putting some different colored knobs on there, but I wasn't sure what. It seems that if I got some neon pink speed knobs that they would go well with the black. And when I change the pickups, if I get Dimarzio, I was wanting neon pink again. But, I'm not sure if that would match or not...

Help is welcome :D

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Awesome! I feel like getting one. Yeah I don't understand people bashing the edgeIII. It's an awesome trem.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have an ex which i prefer because I didn't want the risk of getting one of those really grainy necks but it seems yours is really smooth, that's a great looking guitar!

Neon knobs would look great on that, I'm thinking orange with a red selector switch and maybe red/black red black/red colour combo pickups, but I don't know whether bobbin toppers look good, I don't want to buy new pickups because I'm getting my 1527 in less that a month so I don't want to spend too much.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hamer, what you have there is what I had in mind except a more shocking pink.

prydogga, yeah, the neck on it is verry smooth. It's great. I got this because I wanted to try maple, and I like it quite a bit more than the rosewood used to have.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Awesome! I feel like getting one. Yeah I don't understand people bashing the edgeIII. It's an awesome trem.
Is it ?

If so I'm getting a 350EX I can get for a good price.

I have only read bad things about the trem, how does it hold up after 1 or 2 years ?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Is it ?

If so I'm getting a 350EX I can get for a good price.

I have only read bad things about the trem, how does it hold up after 1 or 2 years ?
Edit: Just realized that wasn't addressed at me.

I have no idea how it will do in the long term. But, most of the problems that I have read have to do with it being used for one dive-bomb and it going all out of whack and then spending forever tuning it when it won't go in tune. I did lots and lots of dive-bombs and dime-squeals and it did fine. So, for right now, it is a fine tremolo system and has given me no problems. How that changes in a few years? We'll obviously we'll see how it goes, but for now I'm pretty happy with it. :)

One question, could a Edge/Edge Pro or even a OFR fit ?
This is from nuno in the Edge3 Replacement Tremolo thread

here is the link

on IBANEZ EDGE-III cavity:

• Ibanez Edge into Edge-III cavity: NO

• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Edge-III cavity: NO

• Ibanez Edge-Pro into Edge-III cavity: YES

• Original Floyd Rose into Edge-III cavity: YES

• Schaller Floyd Rose into Edge-III cavity: NO
Eventually, if I see a deal for an Edge Pro or an OFR I'll replace it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts