1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I walk into Guitar Center today, and whamm-o, I see this puppy:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/66507985/520675222IVnfmY
http://community.webshots.com/photo/520676899/520676899yCRRwJ

I had to have it. It was $249 WITH a case. So, I don't know anything about it now, I'm doing research, but I figure that it is at least a decent deal. It's definitely a 'players' guitar, but that is fine with me, I intend to play it.

What tuning should I put it in? I am in a cover band, so I'm curious, what main stream stuff can I do with this thing. I know the Korn & Limp Bizquick use 7's but are their other groups I should check out (just the main stream radio rock stuff)?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks like an RG7420MC. Not sure if that is a good price though. With the tuning you could probably just keep it in standard with the low b and get a whammy pedal to pitch the notes up or down as needed. Hope this helped!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats on your first 7 got my first 7 today also!Looks like Iam gonna be spending alot of time with her!As far as bands that use 7 there are alot,korn,limpbizkit,deftones,slipknot,linkin park,than the shred boys like vai,petruci,cooley.Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
7stringofablick said:
Where the pickups are mounted the holes were routed 'square' shaped, made to accomadate the japanese made v7 v8's in the 742X's. If it were a 7620 it'd have the more triangular shaped ones, made to accomodate dimarzio New 7's.
Or, you could just look at the bridge. ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn, you all are right, the 7420. Still 250 bucks with a case, I'm happy. I've been playing it for a couple days now, it feels good, and sounds solid. It needed a good cleaning though when I brought it home.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.