Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're a horror movie fan, then you should know that the new "Hellraiser: Deader" came out on tuesday. I checked it out last night, and thought it was cool, if a little formulaic. It's similar to the 5th one ("Inferno"), in that it mainly revolves around one character, and her descent into madness, and Pinhead only makes a few short appearances.

Oh, and Kari Wuhrer is the lead actress :)
peace

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I've got a feeling it's gonna' be the same as the 4th one (Sh*te!).

I LOVE the first two and i don't mind the third one (not up to the quality of the first 2) but I agree that the 4th was an insult.

I watched 'Nightbreed' again the other night:). That's a GREAT Movie!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like all Hellraiser movies these days, it is direct to video. (The next one "Hellworld", is already scheduled to be released in Sept)

The thing about this one which is similar to the 5th (Inferno), is that they are not "Hellraiser" movies per se, but movies with their own thing that incorporate Pinhead, the puzzle box, and an occasional theme from the original Hellraiser films. But if you took out all the Hellraiser elements, these films could still stand on their own as B-grade horror films. I like that; some people are infuriated by it.
(The 6th one actually featured Kirstie from the first 2, and sort of picked up on her story from those films)
Bottom line: if you go into it expecting it to be like the first 2, you will almost certainly be disappointed; if however, you look at it as a character study of the darker side of human-nature (with a few appearances by Pinhead!), then you might really dig it.
peace

1 - 10 of 10 Posts