Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Mr. Hosono,

I was wondering, will Ibanez make a different kind of Ibanez PGM beside Ibanez PGM301 or reissue some of the old model for next year?

I know this 301 model been offer 3 years in a row so I thought it's time for some change especially Paul Gilbert have been using this orange Ibanez PGM or HSS PGM this year. Could that model be in production line soon?

Also, I really like my AT300 guitar. I think it looks great, feel great and especially sounds great!! Will you guys offer another line of Andy Timmons model or probably reissue At100. From what I heard, AT100 is one of the best guitar from Ibanez.

Thank you very much Mr. Hosono..

I wish you and Ibanez all the best,

Barry

·
Ibanez V.I.P.
205 Posts
I don't know............ I have to ask Paul if he has something in his mind.........
He really loves current PGM301 and PGM3 so I don't know he wanted to make some change on them............I'll ask Paul next time.

·
Ibanez V.I.P.
205 Posts
Dear Barry, Paul stopped by the LA office this afternoon so I asked him about his new PGM ideas. He told me that he has two new guitar ideas so far.

#1 Old style "neck plate" bolt on PGM301 with slightly smaller f holes on them.

#2 Paul's original "Reversed Iceman" ( I'm sure that somebody have the picture of this guitar somewhere right? It is "Politically incorrect" for me to post "Reversed Iceman" picture in here right now).

The LA office will be working with Paul to come up with new PGM guitars after the NAMM show.

Thank you for your support!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mr. Hoshino,

Thanks for the update on the Reversed Iceman. I will now stop bothering every custom builder I can find for price quotes and buy it from Ibanez like I wanted to in the first place :eek:)

·
Vendor
26,427 Posts
Those will be for Paul only I believe. Paul's been playing an LACS 301 with neck plate [and a white painted neck!], these aren't going to be public releases ;)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Those will be for Paul only I believe. Paul's been playing an LACS 301 with neck plate [and a white painted neck!], these aren't going to be public releases ;)
And a neck single coil, from a Gio series guitar, according to PG himself!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I really hope that Andy Timmons' AT-100 would become a production model again but not as limited edition this time! It would be an ultimate Strat.

-Jaakko

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
He told me that he has two new guitar ideas so far.

. . .

#2 Paul's original "Reversed Iceman" ( I'm sure that somebody have the picture of this guitar somewhere right? It is "Politically incorrect" for me to post "Reversed Iceman" picture in here right now).

The LA office will be working with Paul to come up with new PGM guitars after the NAMM show.

That reversed Iceman is a cool guitar, very very funky looking. The new lower horn balances the guitar visually and essentially makes it into a double cutaway. The design also echoes another Ibanez with a larger upper horn, the 540P.

There is a nice photo of Paul with this guitar on his website here:
http://www.paulgilbert.com/menu.html

But when you click on the picture, it takes you to an Ibanez Register page
with a regular, NON-REVERSED Iceman IC300. Hahaha!

Anyway, I love this guitar and I would be very interested in a PGM production reversed Iceman model. Thanks, Mr. Hosono!

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
You know what? I'm a HUUUUUGE Paul Gilbert fan, but I think that new Iceman is awful.

What I'd love more than anything would be some sort of colour variation of the 301 (maybe with different pickups) *as well* as the new PGM he has been playing a lot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As cool as anything Iceman-related is, I think we've waited long enough in the USA for a Japanese reissue of the Iceman II flame top or Korina. Hell, I'd even consider a Korean one at this point. Same goes for a real-deal flame top Destroyer...

IMO, that Paul Gilbert reverse Iceman resembles those "Phiga" brand guitars... http://www.philgawen.com/phigaguitars.htm

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dear Barry, Paul stopped by the LA office this afternoon so I asked him about his new PGM ideas. He told me that he has two new guitar ideas so far.

#1 Old style "neck plate" bolt on PGM301 with slightly smaller f holes on them.

Hi Mr. Hosono..

It's been few months and you still remember my question.. THank you very much for the kind answer.. I wish 2008 a year of joy and success for you and your family..

Back to topic!!

Reverse Iceman!! Nice!! Hope it will came true..

:)

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
From the context of Mr Hosono's post, and his use of the term "PGM series" rather than anything indicating custom guitars, it kinda sounds like new models for the public. The two guitars Mr Hosono mentioned were ones that already existed at the time of the post, so it seems unlikely Paul would suggest them as customs if he didn't already have them (unless he wanted spares, but again, in context it sounds like ideas for expanding the for-the-public line).

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
As much as I'd love to see it, I think a new PGM model would be unlikely. I highly doubt that the reverse iceman would warrant a release for Ibanez. His custom 301 with HSS and the painted neck is far more likely. Luckily for us the 301 is a great guitar, but just maybe in need of a slight update possibly. :)

And as for AT, considering he's leaving/left Ibanez I highly doubt it. He'll be playing Fenders from now on.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts