Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying the new black EX model as a backup to my Jem 7BSB. Anybody know what the deal is with these Edge III trems? Total crap or can you work w/ them??
Also thinking about replacing the neck w/ a jem floral type instead of the shark tooth. Bad idea or could it fly?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe off a 555B.
Everybody tells me the same thing, but I could use another guitar and I'm on a budget. And the 350EX has the looks - maybe just a few modifications and it could be a good substitute for having to spend the $$ for another jem

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The RG350EX is a decent little guitar and the Edge III trem is every bit as good as an Edge Pro II, but if you're talking about a backup for a JEM then you probably want to go with an RG2xxx series guitar. Or you can always do like everyone else around seems to do and get a used 550/570 routed for an Edge or Lo-Pro Edge and upgrade to your heart's desire.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have an rg350ex and it's an excellent guitar. The Edge III is extremely well built but still as not as good as the Lo-Pro/Edge/Edge Pro bridges. The edge III will actually stay in perfect tune after heavy dive bombing. The only problem is that it doesnt go completely back to neutral after trem pull ups. It goes just a little bit sharp after pulls ups, but it's hardly notisable unless you have a tuner right infront of you. Just dive bomb and it goes back to neutral. The pickups might need a swap though.

·
Registered
541 Posts
backing up a JEM with a low end RG? I don't know, but for me you're going to need at least a RG5xx or higher end to be even close to the sounds/feel of a JEM. I'd say get another JEM to back up a JEM :p only way to do it right man.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts