Ibanez JEM Forum banner
6K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  63Blazer 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

Sorry I don't post much anymore. I'm really busy with a new job!

Anyway, I got me a new Jackson! Here's some pics!

Cool heel! Never seen it before until I got this.

Sorry for the crappy pictures! But my phone is all I have for a camera.

Anyway, it's a 2000 Jackson Soloist Pro! If I am correct, it is the Japanese equivilant to the USA Select series. And it sure does feel like it, too! But, as you can see, it's a bit rough around the edges. Plenty of scratches, it's dirty as hell, and it's missing 2 knobs, a pickup selector, the locking nut pads and ALL (yes, all) of the wiring. Which is weird, because it clearly has pickups. But there are no wires.

I also had to pull every piece of it apart and clean it. And I still have a ton of work ahead if me before its fully set up, playable and ready for the stage but hey, I've fixed worse!

Also, the neck RULES! It's thicker and a bit rounder but it fits like a glove and feels like butter. This is definitely a few steps ahead of my old DK2M that I had last year.

Thanks guys! Enjoy!
-Damien

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks Frank!

And yes. It has an 81 in the bridge and two SA's. And yes, the wires were cut off at the pickups. But that's not a huge deal. I dislike all of them anyway. I've never had Blackouts before so I'm going to try those next! Just have to wait until I get paid!

#12 ·
The bridge is a JT-590 Schaller made Floyd.

Is the FB ebony or RW? I'm pretty sure that's a '90 not a '00. Neck-thru Pro's ended production in '95. A '92-'95 would say "Soloist Pro" on the TRC. 91's and 92's were blank.

I think you have the '90-'91 Soloist Pro- What's the Serial# ??

#14 ·
Speedwagon plays at this tiny Fest based around BBQ ribs every year in my small Illinois town (aptly called Rib Fest). So I don't think that's much of a bragging right :lol:

Besides, this is a Death Metal MONSTER! Something about it just inspires some really evil riffage. Can't wait to hear it through an amp!

Also, serial is J00**** so it must be a '90.

#17 ·
So this is now my guitar. It's still in need of some parts, but in general this is a pretty clean soloist for being 25 years old. The trem (JT590) is in excellent shape. Some interesting facts about these Jackson Pro's from 90-95 is that they were made at the Cushin Gakki plant in Japan. These were the last guitars that Itaru Kanno worked with before leaving Cushin to start Caparison guitars

The frets and board were pretty rough, but the neck is super straight and the truss rod works perfectly. I pulled the frets today then leveled and radiused the board. The ebony is surprisingly easy to work with. Whoever had this guitar previous to Damien was pretty heavy handed. As such, there were some deep fingering grooves in the board from 15-21. This guy spent a LOT of time playing the same scales......LOL.

Anyway, If I ever get my computer up and working again I'll post some updated pics. I'm currently using the wifes laptop whenever she allows me.

I am wondering if anyone knows where to get NOS parts for this thing.......sort of a Rich for the Jackson world. I need a switch, pots, mid boost circuit, strap pins, nut pads with bolts, a blank truss rod cover, and a correct rear trem cover.

#20 ·
Thanks dude!

From everything I've read, the OFR won't fit into a schaller route. The string lock screws are too long. This one is in really nice shape, so I think I'm going to reuse it. I'm trying to keep this thing as close to original as I can, but will probably have to make compromises here and there. I'm going to put stainless 6105's on it, but only because I already have them. I'd like to find the original type of pups, but the "J-50M" bridge pup seems to be nearly extinct. I joined the JCF forums to try finding more info. I have no idea what switch these Japanese Jacksons used.

Thanks Fastmerc, I did find a couple of things on ebay....... damn they're asking a lot for some of this stuff.

#23 ·
I don't have any NOS stuff... but I do have the J90C, single sized humbucker, and switch that came from my Predator when I put EMG's in it. The switch is crazy... like 18 contacts on it if I remember right, but I did draw a diagram of it before I removed it. They had some interesting switching options. Like I said, just old stuff with wear, but holler if you need anything... Mine was from the '89 - '91 era.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.