Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading description from ibanezrulez . It says alder body. However, all jcrg I found on japanes version of ibanez.com and other websites says african mahogany . Does anyone know which models of J cutoms are alder body? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nope, the special runs use whatever they feel like using. I'm guessing you missed the basswood ones on Japan's site.

The only the reason the normal production ones are all mahogany right now is because that's what people are buying for the time being. In the past they've used ash and even full maple bodies.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope, the special runs use whatever they feel like using. I'm guessing you missed the basswood ones on Japan's site.

The only the reason the normal production ones are all mahogany right now is because that's what people are buying for the time being. In the past they've used ash and even full maple bodies.
I am actually alder fan. Fender stratocatser is ideal sound wise guitar for me , but i am also fan ibanez neck shape and tremolo so ...im looking for strat sound in ibby shape..... I am thinking about to get that jcustom but only if it is alder body...Honestly don't like mahogany at all, ....Ill probably will put basswood third after swamp ash. Just personal prefernce

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.