Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
:lol:^^^

Lazy, eh? He's been touring for a looooong time and still putting out new music. Two new Jems this past year and a new Jemini pedal for '08. ;)

IMHO, we would have gotten some kind of leak of info if there was something coming out - if there is they have done a fantastic job of keeping it under wraps.

Maybe for Summer NAMM ;)

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It's very unlikely, seeing that the JEM77VBK was released last year. :)

Alwin
It would be early, but the release of the VBK wasn't really intentional, as it's just a BRMR without the troublesome mirror top, but with a vine neck to have at least a hint of Vaiism to it. The result is a simplified 10th, which, I'm guessing, Steve couldn't possibly object to, as a stop-gap.

So I don't think a new Jem is a bad idea, perhaps using a non-see-through plastic body (luthite) with sound chambers, to make use of the Transjem pups from the 20th.

·
Registered
879 Posts
This is retardedly unlikely, but I would love to see production models of Red Lace and Neville :D
But of course that's just me dreaming.
smitty

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
It would be early, but the release of the VBK wasn't really intentional, as it's just a BRMR without the troublesome mirror top, but with a vine neck to have at least a hint of Vaiism to it. The result is a simplified 10th, which, I'm guessing, Steve couldn't possibly object to, as a stop-gap.

So I don't think a new Jem is a bad idea, perhaps using a non-see-through plastic body (luthite) with sound chambers, to make use of the Transjem pups from the 20th.
You could be right, seeing that the VBK is a design which came forth out of the problems with the BRMR. That said, I get the idea that the VBK is selling well, and I don't think I've ever heard of a JEM which only was available for a single year, so my guess is: no new JEM. :)

Alwin

·
Registered
563 Posts
This is retardedly unlikely, but I would love to see production models of Red Lace and Neville :D
But of course that's just me dreaming.
smitty
Yeah, Red Lace is really nice. I LOVE Red Lace, probably my favorite Vai axe (followed by Flo and Mojo). If I had the money I'd buy Red Lace in a heartbeat (hence why I'm saving up like crazy).

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wouldn't sell. Especially the pink one...90% of Ibanez players are metal shredders, and pink isn't exactly metal.
smitty

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Maybe we need a few more threads about a new Jem for Ibanez to take this seriously. Maybe 50,000 threads isnt enough to get their attention.

Hey arent we about due for a HAM 100th?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Maybe we need a few more threads about a new Jem for Ibanez to take this seriously. Maybe 50,000 threads isnt enough to get their attention.

Hey arent we about due for a HAM 100th?
Hey! Great idea. I'll make a new thread about it ;)

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Are those good for shred/blues/country/metal/jazz? My amp is a Marshall GFX15 and I have a Arion Metal Master distortion pedal.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Much like tampons or a subscription to "Hey Sailor" magazine. I have no interest in ever buying, using or knowing anything about a Marshll GFX14 or MGFX15

If I want to hear something that sounds like sht, I'll put a microphone in the toilet on Mexican Fiesta night.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts