Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Boy I don't know what to think of this one.
Some times I think I really like the look of it and then the next time I see it I think its ugly as hell.
I think it's the pickguard that's turning me off to it.
Between the guard and those pickup covers it might be a little too busy looking.
I don't know?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I definitely like the wood grain look but I am not a fan of those pickup covers. Plus I am not a fan of the Premium line but if it was a MIJ Jem then it would be super expensive...

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Key point is that pickup covers are removable so its just regular dimarzios underneath. People often overlook that. I dig the different look myself. Street price should put this at a great players guitar point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wonder what the difference in sound will be compared to the other Jems as this one has a Mahogany body. It defenitly is a beautifull guitar!

·
Registered
315 Posts
wonder why they use an edge zero 2 instead of an original EDGE, if I remember , the premium JS comes with an original edge bridge.

personally I would never buy an Ibanez with a floating trem that is not EDGE/LO PRO/EDGE PRO.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
wonder why they use an edge zero 2 instead of an original EDGE, if I remember , the premium JS comes with an original edge bridge.

personally I would never buy an Ibanez with a floating trem that is not EDGE/LO PRO/EDGE PRO.
I think Ibanez is realizing they need to tier the JEM line more.
So every dollar that goes up, adds something.
I see three tiers forming up.

JEMs with dots or partial vines with basic locking trems
Premium JEMs with Zero II trems
JEMs with the Edge trems, the works!

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
I like the body. I'm so so on the pick guard and I don't like the pickups. I am not usually a fan of JEMs but I think this one is pretty good.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
It would be much cooler IMO with standard white bobbin pickups.
The gears.... :p
Not my cup of tea. At least not on that guitar.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I like it as well. Just can't understand why they can put an Edge on the SFG and not on this. Would be a future purchase if not for that fact.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Because if they put the Edge on it there would be very, very little incentive to buy a non-Indo JEM at $3000-$3500 (the ones made by Fujigen that everyone loved and why the JEM stayed relevant for 3 decades quite frankly)... glen

1 - 20 of 67 Posts