Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm new here. :) I just got this on Friday from Rich:

He really did a great setup on it. The frets are so nice and smooth.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I guess I'm not the only happy JS1200 owner ;)

Its a pain taking photos of it simply because the finish isnt flat (quite the contrary) so you've got to have a good camera to capture all the variations in the paintjob. Which leads me to ask you , what camera did you use? :D

(It didnt capture it 100% well but it did a damn fine job)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Jackhammer said:
I guess I'm not the only happy JS1200 owner ;)

Its a pain taking photos of it simply because the finish isnt flat (quite the contrary) so you've got to have a good camera to capture all the variations in the paintjob. Which leads me to ask you , what camera did you use? :D

(It didnt capture it 100% well but it did a damn fine job)
Yeah, it's really hard to capture the candy apple accurately. Pics never show the true depth of the color. Actually, somebody was borrowing my better digital when I took these, so I used my crappy work camera, which is an old 2.1mp Kodak. But the trick is to not use flash, and a flat cloudy day is ideal because the lighting is even and there's no harsh sunlight or shadows.

Thanks a lot for the nice comments everyone. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Scott 74 said:
I love that color!!!
Go back to your JS1 Scott! >D

Whiteduck, I really started appreciating high colour cameras when I tried taking pics of my guitar! I've got a first generation digital camera (Pentax Optio 230) and it doesnt really do the job well.

Im glad you got your guitar all set up for you :D

(I kid you not when telling you setting up these type of guitars is a pain in the ass! :p)

Here is a zip of my attempts at capturing my guitar's beauty ;)

http://dragunov.dajoob.com/Guitar.rar
Still uploading...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jackhammer said:
Go back to your JS1 Scott! >D

Whiteduck, I really started appreciating high colour cameras when I tried taking pics of my guitar! I've got a first generation digital camera (Pentax Optio 230) and it doesnt really do the job well.

Im glad you got your guitar all set up for you :D

(I kid you not when telling you setting up these type of guitars is a pain in the ass! :p)

Here is a zip of my attempts at capturing my guitar's beauty ;)

http://dragunov.dajoob.com/Guitar.rar
Still uploading...
Really nice shots man, it looks great on that background.

I'm hoping it won't need a setup for a while, because I'm totally new to the Edge Pro (or any Floyd style bridge).

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
Hey Jim, NICE back yard!! But, it's just a guitar, it'll need tweaking as often as any. Ultra humid today, better by the end of the week, yadda yadda. Wood is constantly breathing and moving, nothin you can do but adjust with it ;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rich said:
Hey Jim, NICE back yard!! But, it's just a guitar, it'll need tweaking as often as any. Ultra humid today, better by the end of the week, yadda yadda. Wood is constantly breathing and moving, nothin you can do but adjust with it ;)
Thanks Rich. :) Yeah, I'm prepared to tweak, especially with all this humidity and heat. :D I'm not looking forward to working outside tomorrow though. :(

1 - 20 of 60 Posts