Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any people on board who speak Japanese and can translate the specs? :p
Looks like those are gonna have rosewood fretboards and the bodies are gonna be flametops w. red and black colors.

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/ibanez/ibanez_vol3.html

MRG-5 is still, IMO, the most beautiful J-Custom ever. Hopefully they won't put in the middle pup to these new models...

-Jaakko

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Any people on board who speak Japanese and can translate the specs? :p
Looks like those are gonna have rosewood fretboards and the bodies are gonna be flametops w. red and black colors.

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/ibanez/ibanez_vol3.html

MRG-5 is still, IMO, the most beautiful J-Custom ever. Hopefully they won't put in the middle pup to these new models...

-Jaakko
mahogany body w/ natural binding, on the 7 a white pearl pg, Rasberry as color I think, and dark rose fretboard which I'm gussing is rosewood but darkened. on the 6 a tree of life the 7 has abalone dots, gold hardware, matching headstock color of course, 6 doesn't have a mid from what they tell but neck air norton and bridge tz for both and on the 7 a blue velvet middle. The 6 has a 3 way switch and a push pull pot or maybe a switch, idk. The 7 just has a 5 way switch

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mahogany body w/ natural binding, on the 7 a white pearl pg, Rasberry as color I think, and dark rose fretboard which I'm gussing is rosewood but darkened. on the 6 a tree of life the 7 has abalone dots, gold hardware, matching headstock color of course, 6 doesn't have a mid from what they tell but neck air norton and bridge tz for both and on the 7 a blue velvet middle. The 6 has a 3 way switch and a push pull pot or maybe a switch, idk. The 7 just has a 5 way switch
Interesting!:p

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i would have to say the mrg4 and the mrg 1, well all of them are great looking... but the 4 and 1 are taking my breath away... :S

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
YAY ITS EBONY!!!

・ Ebony fingerboard w/Flame Maple Binding
It's actually not Ebony, it's dark rosewood LIKE ebony. The only thing different about these models from normal J-Customs is the finish which will be a purplish red 'raspberry' color and both models are designed to be super light weight, incorporating sound chambers to lessen the weight. Although the body will be mahogany, it's likely they'll be using Honduras Mahogany for the light weight characteristics.

Both models will also feature the hi-cut/low-cut filters in the form of a push-pull switch.

The MRG 6 is a slated to be a 2 pickup model and will be wired like a JPM with a 3-way switch and split coils in the middle position. Essentially a cross between a 8470 and a JPM.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Got your pm Jaako, digging these BIG TIME but I do not like the light weight thing I am hearing. I hope these are not chambered. I like more snap in my superstrats and I can still bear LPs on my shoulders!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Got your pm Jaako, digging these BIG TIME but I do not like the light weight thing I am hearing. I hope these are not chambered. I like more snap in my superstrats and I can still bear LPs on my shoulders!
These will indeed incorporate chambered bodies so these J-Customs may not be for you. I'd honestly buy one though.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts