Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Not my thing but someone here may be interested

List is $1800 for the LP and $1600 for the SG.
24 frets on the SG

Yes, the SG picture is labeled LP and the LP picture is labeled SG

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
I don't know if I can quite get into it. Definitely not the SG line. I do like the green LP, though.

LP's seem pretty bright and middy to me, I don't quite know what a maple board would do...

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like the whole body is maple with a mahogany neck on the LP, the SG is all maple.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
With black block inlays, or pearloid ones like the ZW version, I think they'd be pretty cool. But those look kinda plain. The black headstock kind of puts me off as well . . . I'm not sure why cause it kinda makes sense . . . . but they look kinda cheap.

·
Registered
549 Posts
i agree evogiant. black blocks look way cooler on maple les pauls. especially whith natural body finish and black headstock wiyh lp custom inlays, take this ibanez lawsuit era LP for instance....

.....and this kisekae i made a while back with abalone at the 12th

·
Registered
940 Posts
Old gibson's trying to keep up with the kids? Floyd roses and maple? It's like an 80 year old wearin' a hoodie and baggy jeans...

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
All the available colours are beyond gimp, I'll leave it until the maple neck is available on a cherry sunburst or tobacco burst Les Paul Standard.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'd buy one the natural SG for sure if I had the money. Very pretty, i think.

For some reason, I can't upload my Kisekae guitar onto Photobucket, but I made my dream SG has a maple board. I think they look nice. They are guitars, let them be in their beauty.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They'd be a lot cooler if the dots were actually distinguishable, LOL. For example, if they were BLACK!

I also agree with the big black blocks. Those look deadly as well!

·
Registered
940 Posts
I also read that on the gibson site. Well call me stupid, but where are the 23rd and 24rd frets? :D

That guitar is the culmination of my pure hatred for things people/companies do to guitars:

maple fretboard- not only is there a maple fretboard but it has a maple body! That's twice the grainy horror. And what's the point of very hidden dots with a trapesium at the 12! I can't stand fretboards with a dot or star or whatever inlay you choose with a design at the 12, like the dimebag deans.

SG: Hate the shape, the upper horn is deeper cut than the lower horn just to make you feel even worse that you can't reach the 22nd fret!

And to top it all off they have a clear pickguar so I can see the parts that I don't ever want on display, on display. It's like having cling wrap underwear, serves almost no purpose.

That's my rant for the day. I cannot even think of how it could be worse.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts