Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evidently Marshall is going head-to-head with the Line6 Spider Valve line and is unveiling the JMD line of amps at NAMM 2010. These amps evidently have an ECC83 Preamp valve that is reconfigured based on the model selected and the power stage is run by either two or four EL34 power valves depending on if you have a 50-watt or 100-watt model.

Pictures can be found in one of the threads on the Official Marshall Forum. The control panel looks like a beefed-up MG-series control panel. These amps are evidently made in China. There is a preamp selector knob that has about 16 positions and there are four "channel" buttons on the front of the amp and on the included footswitch.

Marshall appears to have taken down all of their previously-released media and will be waiting for NAMM 2010 to launch the amp, but as evidenced by the post on the Official Marshall Forum somebody appears to already own the 2x12 version of this amp.

Also includes on-board effects a la the MG/FX series... should be interesting. Marshall seems to be agressively launching new products and attacking markets where their product line was previously conspicuously absent.

Cheers,

Race

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
That would make sense - Marshall has the overwhelmingly recognizable branding in it's favor and I think they would take a good percentage of the other modeling companies' market share if they offered a similar product.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Line 6 Bogner versus Peavey Vypyr Tube versus Marshall Tube Hybrid...could be a fun battle!!!

My high gain shredder sense is tingling! I've always liked the MG grunt..owned a couple for practice, maybe we can hope for that JVM sound too...

Being EL34 powered, I bet the clean/medium crunch settings will be awesome!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Being the selfless person I am and only wishing to serve the higher good, I will sacrifice and offer to perform the comparisons and reviews. 8-P

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
Cool I suppose, but does anyone find it ironic that Marshall, amps that other modeling amps are modeled after, would be modeling itself and its competition?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Well they made the originals, so they should know how to get the sound right.
I hope they use decent CPU power to really get good modelling and that they preserve the feeling of play...

We will see how it plays out, I hope they do well. Would be a nice addition into the market and good competition is always driving innovation.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...and would be really funny/sad if their own models of their own amps didn't sound good. I'm pulling for them and keeping my fingers crossed.

Well they made the originals, so they should know how to get the sound right.
I hope they use decent CPU power to really get good modelling and that they preserve the feeling of play...

We will see how it plays out, I hope they do well. Would be a nice addition into the market and good competition is always driving innovation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts