Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey thought I would introduce myself after having browsed for a few days.

I picked up my first Ibanez Prestige last week. It makes me sick to know I have played guitar this long on something other than a Prestige neck!
I brought back my Ibanez S420 (not a fan of the ball-bearing based tremolo) and picked up one of the 10th Anniversary RG1421F in "Marine Blue Burst".
I really love this guitar, the neck in particular...it's so freaking thin! I must say that I am now a member of the "Prestige Owners Club", and plan to be forever!

Quick question though, if I were to replace the pickups on it, what are some that people are liking in this guitar? Also, has anyone stuck a killswitch in one of these yet? I've been considering it...

I haven't sat down and took a picture of it yet or anything, but you can see it on Ibanez's site...I am running it through a Peavey Valveking 100 half-stack, with an MXR Phase 90 and a Boss OD-20 Drive Zone. I do use the natural tube distortion for a more "classic" distorted tone.

Thanks for any help!

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Congratulations Prestige!!!! Welcome To Jemsite AND the "Prestige Owners Club"!!!!!

If you go into the "Pickups and Wiring" section. On the top read the sticky about picking new pups..... after that Post a new thread containing all the info that the sticky requests. You'll then be FLOODED with suggestions!!!!!!.......lol

Congratulations again, I know your gonna love the 1421 for a long time to come!!!!!

Ryc

·
Registered
142 Posts
Contracts! I've been GASing for one of those. I have an RG1420F, that is an awesome guitar. I can't decide on pickups for it. The stock pickups are better than I expected them to be.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Great colour on that model - marvellous.

How do you find that particular bridge as far as playing comfort goes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I really like it, the neck is simply AMAZING! Like I said above, I can't believe I have gone this long without having played one before...lol

·
Registered
143 Posts
no kiddin dude! I thought the same thing and loved my first one so much I traded a gibby les paul for another one with a different humbucker config! Best trade EVER.

Les pauls ain't got nothing on a nice prestige.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I just got a second RG1420F myself! Got the black haze burst 1420F for Christmas,,,,couldn't put it down. SOld my Jackson USA SL2H a few weeks ago, and finally bought a guitar from Rich - the red flame burst 1420F. I still have stock pickups in both and may try some dimarzios, but the stock pickups are great. The neck and playability of these guitars is beyond description. I'm just a total Ibanez player now, and these RG prestiges are right on par with my Jem and PGM guitars! I, too, regret taking so long to discover Ibanez guitars, and spent my major gigging days playing guitars that were never perfectly comfortable to me.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I love reading positive threads about others' great experiences with their guitars. I felt the same way I played one of these necks. Rock on!

Peace

Mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Congrats.. I also felt that way when I got mine a few weeks ago. My other guitars have been relegated to cowboy chord duty because there really is no comparison to these necks.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
I guess I lucked out that my first guitar was an RG back in 1989........ after that every other guitar had me wondering "what's wrong with this thing??" LMAO!!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Amen! I've been using them in so many different varieties since 1983. You just keep coming back to them and that tells me that it is the right setup for me. I've tried others and as pointed out above....it's just not the same.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'm thinking of putting a tone zone in the bridge and an air norton in the neck of my rg1420's. I hear these are some awesome pickups, and I already have guitars with Evos, breeds, and PAF pros - so I'm curious about these. Although these V6 pickups are pretty darn good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts