Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a custom Strat style 6 string on it's way to it's new home!
This one has a chambered Padouk strat style body with original Floyd in gold, a Padouk neck with '62 style neck/headstock (gold Schallers) and Floyd nut, deep ebony thick fingerboard with clay dots and jumbo frets, 14" radius.
Check this out- Custom Shop hand wound set of single coils - each signed by Abigail Yabarro! 5-way switch and 3-ply guard , all in aged parchment.

This one should have an interesting sound with the chambered body and those pickups.
Padouk is a blood-red wood similar in composition to purpleheart which oxodizes over time to a warm red/brown color with stryations.

I'm DYING to crank this one through the Marshall 1/2 stack.....

JIMI.....STEVIE.....ERIC.....BUDDY..........HERE I COME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
jemaholic said:
I've got a custom Strat style 6 string on it's way to it's new home!
This one has a chambered Padouk strat style body with original Floyd in gold, a Padouk neck with '62 style neck/headstock (gold Schallers) and Floyd nut, deep ebony thick fingerboard with clay dots and jumbo frets, 14" radius.
Check this out- Custom Shop hand wound set of single coils - each signed by Abigail Yabarro! 5-way switch and 3-ply guard , all in aged parchment.

This one should have an interesting sound with the chambered body and those pickups.
Padouk is a blood-red wood similar in composition to purpleheart which oxodizes over time to a warm red/brown color with stryations.

I'm DYING to crank this one through the Marshall 1/2 stack.....

JIMI.....STEVIE.....ERIC.....BUDDY..........HERE I COME BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
Post pics when you get it :).

Regards

André

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it arrived at my office in NYC Friday and I almost left early to go tinker with it....anyway, I had rehearsal today - I'm in a band with a bunch of old fat balding guys who catch bad guys as our real jobs- and on weekends we re-live our youths with Zep and Tull and Allman's & Eagles .....

Anyway, the Floyd puts it in another catagory - my main guitars are Jems and Universes and the whammy is an integral part of my playing style - example:I've been playing Eruption for 20 years now and feel naked without a Floyd in a guitar. The single coils are not this issue they were years ago because now amps can make up the difference in drive and sustain that was lacking in the old days.

All in all, a GREAT guitar and if you've not been introduced to a Strat/Floyd setup, go try one! You just might get converted!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Thats really nice! Everyone needs to have a "parts" strat, or a frankenstein. Yours looks very classy indeed. Im liking the whole Paduak/Gold thing! Congrats.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I've played it awhile now....the chambered body is very unique.
Kinda meatier / fatter / 335 sounding. Ebony fingerboard with jumbo's on a Strat is a treat.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
jemaholic said:
Well, I've played it awhile now....the chambered body is very unique.
Kinda meatier / fatter / 335 sounding. Ebony fingerboard with jumbo's on a Strat is a treat.
How does ebony sound on a strat anyway? Have ebony on my Jem, but I have never played a strat with single coils with an ebony fretboard?

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup. This guy in Carmel, IN built it and it has a Warmoth body and neck.
Some weeks ago someone posted that they had sold a Warmoth Strat and missed it very much. I replied that the same thing happened to me about a year ago and was stupid to sell it. I had forgotten what a great guitar it was.

I kept thinking about that Warmoth Strat.......it really started bugging me that I sold it......damn........started looking at the auctions.........ads.........
Warmoth site........picking out fancy woods........I never should have sold that damn guitar..........hmmmmm.........maybe I should..............

*THEN*

..I saw this one and THE SKYS PARTED. MY ANSWER WAS HERE. I just said the hell with it- gotta have it!!!!!!

My wife just shakes her head with pity these days........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts