Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just seeing what the general opinions are on this setup, im looking to put a air norton in the neck position and a blue or red velvet inb the mid and then a tonezone in the bridge, whats your opinions on this , im getting rid of the stock ibz pups and arent to sure what to use i think this is a good formation ? any help please

·
Registered
44 Posts
thats the same combo i was going to go for in the mid and bridge, but i was going to either put an evolution or breed in the neck :)

good choices :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, just one more quick question. Do I need F spaced Pickups? I think that I do, I just want clarification on this matter before I order them. Any answers will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

·
Registered
89 Posts
I did have this setup on my JCRG (now with Steve's Special in the Bridge) but the Air Norton/Blue Velvet/Tone Zone was extremely versatile. The tone Zone made great rhythms and leads whilst the Air Norton created great harmonics, clean tones and smooth lead tones. When the BV and AN is in parallel or the TZ and BV (parallel) you get a great clean tone and it's also very clear with overdrive on. I recommend this setup :)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I had a SS/AN combo on a 570, only i left the stock S1... that thing rocked, only problem was i had to raise the S1 a lil so the volume difference wasnt so noticeable :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts