Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,342 Posts
That's shadows fall. Very good band I think, they are kind of the re-emergence of old school speed and thrash metal. The kids can definitely play Ill give them that. Anyone like children of bodom as well?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
i like COB's music but not a fan of the vocals at all. I think that if they tried a more traditional approach to the vocals they could get huge, but they can do whatever they like.

What about Nightwish, they make music that i love and i can listen to the vocals all day as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,469 Posts
Looks like they put EMGs into those RGAs. That's a very not bad idea. You get the playability of an RGA with the sound and sustain of EMGs.

Oooh, I want....I WANT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,619 Posts
I saw Shadows Fall and Nightwish live at Download in June. Both awesome bands, brilliant. CoB are absolutely awesome too. Shadows Fall and Lamb of God are probably my favourite bands at the moment - they have such a big future.

The guy who is playing those RGA's is Matt Bachand. He is the rythmn guitarist of Shadows Fall. He has an endorsement with Ibanez. He has a custom SZ model too that he plays. He also plays an SCA from time to time too. But he has been liking the RGA series lately. And of course......they only play EMG's.

Jon Donais, who is the lead guitarist of Shadows Fall, plays strictly Washburns only.

Truly awesome band though. Some of their riffs are awesome, and their leads are even better! Excellent live too of course.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
yeah godfather, shadows fall is probably my favorite banmd at the moment too. matt and jon are brilliant. ive seen matt with all those u stated too. 2 rga's the sz, the sc420 and a sc320mh custom. i like those rga's but his sz is sweet
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
shadows fall indeed is a great band! though i have to say, the newest album couldnt catch up with the older ones... still like them for bringin good old trash metal back with influences of testament and aerosmith (can't believe it? well listen to them!)... donais is a great lead guitarist and he pulls of nice solos on his washburn, think it was some kind of rare model using some very old woods (anyone knows more ? actually i'm to lazy to google it ;D )
children of bodom is great, too! i even like their playing a lot more, check out alexis other band sinergy (with his wife...) where he's rocking with roope latvalla (or something like that), he's definitivly a catch for alexi (think he joined CoB, too)...
if you'r into metal like shadows fall or lamb of god: check out trivium... in my eyes best newcomers in metal right now... both guitarist kick some very nice leads and awesome solos...even saw the lead guitarist playing an ibz in the video - like light to the flies - or check out their smash hit-in-the-face -pull harder the strings of your martyr... interesting that their lead singer sounds a bit like james hetfield in the chorus...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
fettouhi said:
SWEET seeing those beauties in action :).

Regards

André
indeed bro. looks like my next guitar choice when i get the money.

btw to shadows fall fans. the last picture of the rga's, matt playing the blue one, is it just me or does it look that he's playing that barre in a standard form tuning. its weird becasue they play in drop d down a step but it doesnt look to be like hes playing that way on that guitar. maybe he changed it up especially for the rga. who knows
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they've got alot of songs in standart tuning afaik...
those rga321s are really something to look after... it's nice to find a good hardtail in the product line of ibz... yet there should be more maple-fretboard-guitars imo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
evil_k666 said:
they've got alot of songs in standart tuning afaik...
those rga321s are really something to look after... it's nice to find a good hardtail in the product line of ibz... yet there should be more maple-fretboard-guitars imo
yeah, i would say man. all this talk is making me want on of his guitars. i like the sz's he has but those rga's are starting to look better. i already have a hardtail RG but the rounded top on the RGA and the new bridge is making me drool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i like everything about them: this nice flamed maple top, arched top, the new bridge looks stunning, small dots in the board........ it's freakin amazing...well, i think i'm having "gas" ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,200 Posts


Is it just me, or does that neck look a little wide for a 6? Could be wishful thinking, but I'm wondering if that's a custom RGA-7, matte trans red over a flame...

-D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
evil_k666 said:
shadows fall indeed is a great band! though i have to say, the newest album couldnt catch up with the older ones... still like them for bringin good old trash metal back with influences of testament and aerosmith (can't believe it? well listen to them!)... donais is a great lead guitarist and he pulls of nice solos on his washburn, think it was some kind of rare model using some very old woods (anyone knows more ? actually i'm to lazy to google it ;D )
children of bodom is great, too! i even like their playing a lot more, check out alexis other band sinergy (with his wife...) where he's rocking with roope latvalla (or something like that), he's definitivly a catch for alexi (think he joined CoB, too)...
First off, it's "thrash" metal, not "trash." Trash would be emo. :D Don't really see how you connect thrash with Aerosmith, though. Also, Roope Latvala is now in Children of Bodom (as of a while ago x_X), and Alexi isn't married to Kimberly Goss anymore. Roope was actually one of Alexi's idols, and that guy has crazy long fingers. *jealous*

But anyways, those RGAs look wicked. I wouldn't mind getting one with EMGs...if only I had money...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Drew said:


Is it just me, or does that neck look a little wide for a 6? Could be wishful thinking, but I'm wondering if that's a custom RGA-7, matte trans red over a flame...

-D
looks like a regular stock to me but with emgs. they have that as a stock color.rga121 in violin flat and the other one is the rga321 in sapphire blue stock with emgs
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top