Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got some heavy duty egen edge zero springs to finally get my EZ level with the studs in free float mode (couldn't do it for some reason with the stock springs).

so i've finally set the bastard up, knife edges are level etc but it's still going a bit out of tune from pull ups, and ever so slightly from dives.

i've gone through rich's "tuning instability" page and the most like option it seems is the new springs. do they just need to be played a bit?

the guitar is almost a year old so i'm ruling out knife edges and damaged studs. studs are locked down too.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ugh, you've GOT to be kidding me...

the EGEN springs actually catch on the metal baseplate of the edge zero, the metal plate that covers the cavity...

thanks ibanez...

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the same setup that's in an EGEN, it shouldn't hit, it doesn't on an EGEN.
mmmm, not sure why. it's just barely, but it does enough to click over the metal baseplate. one day, when i can muster the effort i'll file the metal down a bit or something. back to ZPS mode for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.