Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buckle up kids, its time to turn those sweeps into something decent with the latest installment of This is Why You Suck at Guitar! SUPER in-depth lesson about the entire technique, starting from the pick and continuing on with everything its connected to! This will give you everything you need to sweep yourself off your own feet.
So sit down, grab a guitar, and "sweep" that goofy haircut outta your eyes. Its learnin' time!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Sweeping is the fundamental technique to master for everyone. Since I watched this at work (during a break), I had no access to sound, but I must say it looks very good! :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
HAHAHA
That is AWESOME
I too would like to rid the world of it LOL
I'm not a great sweep picker and rarely use it because it isn't my style. But there are sometimes when it might be a good extra tool so I will work on it and thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Sweeps, in the right place, sound neat. People learn it, then over-do it. There are a lot of things harder to do than sweep. For example, keep in time.

So many kids at the guitar store can sweep, shred, etc etc but it's never in time, or in any specific key.

They are all about the physical guitar playing, like it's a sport, and less about making music.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Sweeps, in the right place, sound neat. People learn it, then over-do it. There are a lot of things harder to do than sweep. For example, keep in time.

So many kids at the guitar store can sweep, shred, etc etc but it's never in time, or in any specific key.

They are all about the physical guitar playing, like it's a sport, and less about making music.
Yes EXACTLY
Well I suck at sweeping but I can hold a groove pretty darn good
Guitar = music = art
There is no finish line in art it's not a sport

·
Registered
931 Posts

Very True.
And I find it rather repulsive.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts

Dude they're just playing a little jazz :p

·
Super Moderator
7,314 Posts
Jeez I really do suck at guitar!!! I do the whole wrist tilting thing! And my middle strings sound like ass. I am CAPTAIN GUITAR CENTER!!!!!!

NOooooooooooooooooo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts