Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI this is my first post, I came here to ask you guys for help I found this site a couple of months ago when I started to look for a new axe and it has really help me in picking my my next guitar. I just sold my wolfgang so I need to buy a new guitar this week. I'm looking for a shred guitar with a good term bar. I play mostly 80s metal and some blues but have a strat for that. I have it down to either the js1000, js1200 or the rg2570 I may even go to a higher end rg in the same price as the js. I know the rg has 24 frets and the js has better sounding pups. I have tried several other guitar like the jackson sl3 but was not impressed, there is no place around here where I can play the ibanez I have played a js1000 some time ago I liked it alot but don't really remember it I also played an rg420 or something like that, I'm sure the rg2570 would even be better. What are the differences between the js and rg pro and cons of both remember a fast neck and wammy bar are my focus, If they are very different guitars maybe i'll buy both one now and one this summer, or I could sell my strat and buy a jem. my amps are a marshall dsl 401 and peavey xxx I'm thinking the js1200 would be perfect for the xxx. please tell me your thought or ideas. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Well, the 2570 is more versatile with it's 24 frets and HSH configuration. The JS has 22 frets and two wonderful pickups and a coil-tap. Nonetheless, the JS is still a very versatile guitar. It can handle blues and '80s metal very well. The neck is also a deciding factor. The Wizard on the 2570 is very thin, whereas the JS's neck profile is very close to a strat's. If you don't need a single coil in the middle or 24 frets, I'd go with the JS. :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I concur. The 2570 is a faster and more versatile guitar. For the cost you can change out the pups on the rg and still come out cheaper than a js. I love both the js and rg and the s series which which would be good if you want a guitar with 22 frets and the hsh combo. I would look at s series as well and then compare the 3. I reccomend the rg myself but to each his own. Joshua

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for imput guys, I was going to order an rg 2570 the silver one. I went to sam ash and gc today, guitar center had a js 1000 I offered $1200 and the guy went to the back and pulled out a brand new one still in the box and set it up for me right there. I'm very happy with my purchase, I would have been happy either way, this summer i'll buy the 2570 unless i find a used 570, i'm guessing there's not much difference,

·
Registered
233 Posts
welcome aboard!
now that you got the js1000 you might want to consider RG3120 for your next one. the obvious difference is the body wood being mahogany while 2570 has the same basswood as your js. you might find it more fun to have 2 ibanez's that are not so similar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.