Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No time to go into details as it's a REALLY busy day at work today, but the Easter Bunny (carefully disguised as a UPS delivery man - the fact that it's nowhere near easter was merely another layer of the disguise) dropped this puppy on my front step last night:

Cosmetics aside (and god knows there's a lot to love there), this thing KILLS. Great neck, and especially on the neck pickup with the gain set fairly low, it's just explosive - all the resonance of my (freakishly resonant, something I always attributed to the fact so much of the finish was missing) UV, coupled with this great "clang" to the attack, for lack of a better word... I think I'm in love. :)

There's more of a write-up on www.sevenstring.org if you're curious. And, since I've gotten a bunch of PM's there about this already, no, I'm really not interested in selling it. :)

-D

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure - custom dimarzios of some sort. After I pull 'em as part of a once-over/setup, I'll get in contact with Dimarzio to have them ID'd.

The neck one sounds phenominal, either way (and this is with a full float - it'll be ungodly once I get my tremol-no in there), and while I'm not 100% sold on the bridge yet, it's still surprisingly good for a stock pickup, and given some of the rumours I've heard about them already, I'm quite intrigued.

-D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
That's a SWEET guitar Drew!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed the new avatar on sevenstring.org and wondered if you'd acquired one.
Is it the same Double-Edge as is on the RG2027 ?

Does it sound a lot different to the 2027 you had ?

I guess i better go and read your review,lol.

Congratualtions man!;)

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ugh, I can't stand swirls.

Hey, I may have two amazing guitars, but I also don't have a car and seem to end up working 14-hour days during month-end audit to get reports out in time - it's a tradeoff, lol.

Piezos are the exact same as my old 2027, and this one, be it the maple top (maybe 3mm?) ebony board, or pickups, has a much crisper high end. Sounds ungodly. :)

-D

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Wow, that is one of my favorite Ibanezes, probably top-3. Congratz!

I'm also curious how you acquired this one. The report on 7string.org suggests it was offered to you for sale out of the blue. Can it be that simple? I know there is nobody who's going to offer me one...

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Basically, yeah. I just happened to know someone who happened to know someone who wanted to sell one, and he wanted to try the people he knew first before he offered it to the general public or tried to e-bay it or something. I literally got a phone call at work about it - I thought my buddy was screwing with me at first, but no, it was legit.

-D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Very nice score Drew! I've been sniffing for one of those for a while, but no luck.

I did pick up a PGM 90th HAM last week to keep me amused in the meantime tho.

One question - Is the headstock on those just a brownish paint with the logo over top?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts