Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New track coming off my band's new album. Been working on it far too long, but i'll throw it out here anyway as we get stuff finished and polished.

Warning: death metal vocals and heavy riffs. Like heavy heavy riffs.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Riff-tastic.

I love dipping into this genre every now and again (Opeth for example being a favourite) and you guys sound cool. Great production too.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
I like death metal style but I can't stand those cookie monster kinda vocals.
Those kinda vocals not only sound like crap but it's too infantile to me.
So even if I LOVED your band("instrumentalwise" speaking), I can't stand listening to a guy screaming all the time like Satan, maybe I could stand it in some parts like some bands that mix normal vocals with cookie monster vocals ;)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
The music was really great...instrumentally your band rocks hard! but I'm afraid I can't handle vocals like that either...I'm not suggesting the guy isn't good at what he does I'm just saying that I think vocals like that take away from the music and can turn people off - I think more people would like that type of heavier music if the garbled screaming was replaced with singing...just an opinion...but again I thought the music was really well done :)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Riff-tastic.

Great production too.
Thank you so much, robbiano. We have tried and tried and tried to make this sound good with our very limited production availability. We recorded the whole album live in both my basement (guitars) and tracked some drums here and at my drummer's house. He is quite possibly one of the best drummers i've ever heard. He should win awards for being so monstrous - this was all done live.

Odds are after all this album is said and done he and I might do a jazz/rock fusion album.

·
Registered
35 Posts
+ 1 on the garbled crap! I love heavy music, but can't stand it being ruined by those types of vocals... Which leads me to the OP.

You fit into the catagory that drives me nuts!! I like your music, the riffin is very good, the mix & sound quality is very good, and the vocal is also very good/nicely mixed. (personal taste wise, wont listen to it unless you release an intrumental version) :(

Very well done though!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like death metal style but I can't stand those cookie monster kinda vocals.
Those kinda vocals not only sound like crap but it's too infantile to me.
So even if I LOVED your band("instrumentalwise" speaking), I can't stand listening to a guy screaming all the time like Satan, maybe I could stand it in some parts like some bands that mix normal vocals with cookie monster vocals ;)
you never know Satan may well be rather quitely spoken,..

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I like the warning for sure dude. LOL. I was well prepared.

+1 on the riffage. Also not a fan of the growling. I've always been a fan of your riffage, very well done.

<joke>
Would it be cheesy of me to ask for the lyrics? I only got to "OOOOOOOOOoaaaaarrrrrgghhhhhh" but wasn't sure if I spelled it right.</joke>

BTW your live vids are awesome, just need more of the 80's running, jumping and ass-jiggling lol

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the nice comments, guys! I appreciate it so much! I realize the vocals aren't for everyone, which is why I wanna try something different on my next endeavor.

Would it be cheesy of me to ask for the lyrics? I only got to "OOOOOOOOOoaaaaarrrrrgghhhhhh" but wasn't sure if I spelled it right.</joke>
Yeah, I'll repost them later. It was actually a joke from Squidbillys about cops beating civil rights protesters in the streets during the riots in Birmingham in 1963. We used it to title against police brutality which is rampant around here. (Funny side story: My friend Brian Gosdin from the Dexatines actually did some of the music for that cartoon!)

I didn't like the snare...too marching band-ish for my taste. Aside from that very nice!
Yeah, Chris argued alot over his snare mix. He wanted it in your face...We actually have a 1970's Ludwig marching snare and were going to record it with that but you cant be in the same room with it, it just kills everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts