Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 5 Posts

· Registered
5,542 Posts
I love the late 90's / early 00's bubinga stripe super wizard. I think it's the best neck Ibanez has ever made (for my tastes) and I have one on my 2001 RG570.
I also own an RG20th with the newer super wizard. If the bubinga striped super wizard is #1 the RG550 20th super wizard is #1a - just a hair below in my list. In some ways the modern super wizard feels more comfortable but there's something about the broken in feel of the RG570 that works for me every time.
I will say the biggest difference on the genesis is the square heel. I have big hands and sometimes it is weird navigating those high frets.
I love the tone more of the square heel though.
I will say I do dig the thicker Prestige Wizard, Wizard 2 and Wizard 3 and have even thicker neck guitars that I love too. IMO it's like loving racing and comparing NASCAR and open wheel or offroad. Both are fun in their own way while still different.
If you must have an AANJ I would suggest the modern RG655.

· Registered
5,542 Posts
Interesting, per the official site the RG655 is fully discontinued. The only RG550 style guitar is the RG550 Genesis unless you buy from dealer stock. I hope they don't give up on the RG655. I thought it was a great guitar and great value when it came out. And I dug the colors it came in.

1 - 2 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.