Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Interesting. It looks like the lacewood they used on some of the UCEW RG series, but if I remember correctly, I don’t think those were solid lacewood, but rather lacewood tops on Mahogany bodies. Maybe a one off build for an endorser. Have a shot of the serial?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jono. Someone on the Ibanez Vintage FB page said they were certain it's a foto flame finish. I sure hope not!

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Nice! More photos please! Fotoflames have an obvious burst/sprayed border and/or binding to hide/transition between photo and body. The S is quite contoured making that unlikely but need more photos including back, headstock, serial, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
The latest problem trying to upload pics, is when I drag them to the "Drag files here to attach" box, I see them open up, and then the upload progress bar goes to the left side, and no picture gets attached. I have shrunk them down to around 500K or less, and I posted one larger than 500K earlier today. I don't know what I'm doing differently to cause this issue. Earlier attachments have the back of the headstock and neck plate.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Nice!!! From the side pictures it looks like it is a solid lacewood body!
Nice find!!
I would bet that you may find some Japanese markings if you remove the neck. Some prototypes, samples or oneoffs had marking on the heel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts