Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this guitar almost 3 weeks ago and finally got around to doing an NGD. It's a 1997 J-Custom s3040bs and came with the original case bearing the same Reg. number as on the headstock. It was bought in Dublin Ireland in 1997 and I bought it from the original owner. There is a little tarnish on the pearl gold hardware but that is to be expected. Everything is stock and it is really nice to play and sounds great through my Mesa dual rectifier. Hope you guys like the photos. Thomas C.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks very much guys. Looking forward to playing it a lot more. It was setup for gauge 10 strings but just changed it back to 9's tonight so will do a setup myself and see how it settles over the next few days. Happy days.

Another pic.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I've never seen that model before..it must be very rare! Very cool.
Thank you. From my research so far I know that 24 of this exact model were made in early '97. They were the first j-custom S series made. There was also an all white model s3040pl with exact same specs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
goddamn, those inlays are wicked cool. LOVE how the binding turns into the gold inlays up the neck. that gives me inspiration for a build in the future

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
gorgeous guitar!!! The J-Custom is the one guitar I lust for most - and yours is beautiful! Congratulations on acquiring such a beautifully fine instrument! Cheers :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts