Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I import new and used gear for sale from Japan and decided with xmas round the corner, I'd treat myself to a few guitars. Luck was on my side this time as I'm a huge fan of reverse headstock Japanese made RG's, especially ones with different body woods.

I already had an RGR480 in Road Flare Red, so when two more popped up for sale, I had to have them. One of them even came with all the hang tags, inspection sheet and the warranty card.

Anyhoo, onto the pics.

And here's the other one in RFR

Still 3 more guitars to receive, one of which I don't know what the model is. I get the feeling it's probably an Ishibashi exclusive model, but I won't know till I get it and take the neck off the body.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not to the greater extent of my knowledge. Removing the neck and checking the cavity only revealed RGR480R on the body and the neck had the usual RGR470 stamp. Might not specifically be Road Flare Red, but next to my RFR550, its indistinguishable.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a strange one as it's not only in a different colour, but it's from 1995 as opposed to my other RGR480s that are from 98/99. Might have been a short run, or a custom order for a music store in Japan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts