Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Technically, I got it on Wednesday, but close enough. It's been played but not abused. It nicely feeds my addiction for natural/oil finished mahogany guitars. I also really dig the maple fingerboard and abalone inlays, so this one is really hitting on all cylinders for me. I'm thinking of putting some different pickups in it eventually (I've got a PAF Joe and Duncan Alt 8 on deck). Just going to play it for now though. Yes I know it's not Custom Made, but those oval abalones deserve a picture too. :p

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. germX - yours looks awesome too man. What is your pickup combination there?

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Duuuuuuuude! I've never been fond of S series Ibbies, but that one is a beauty. I may just have to rethink my collection plans. If I ever come across a purple one, I may just snag it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not pictured here is my yellow 1988 540-S (that was when they still called them sabres) - that is indeed the square heel neck joint. This natural one has the AANJ. If you look at Rich's site in the catalogs - it's shown in the 1993. So somewhere in between they switched to AANJ. Not sure when exactly though.

very sweet! one of these days, i'll have to find one to go with my 540FM :D
seeing from the IBZ USA pickups, yours has the block heel neck joint?

Reg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts