Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To compare to the lefty standard already posted, here's my Pro model in the same finish. I would certainly echo the comment that the neck feels very thin, though you will absolutely never forget how crazy wide it is if you're not used to 8 strings. The EMG sounds more or less like you'd expect, probably closest to an 85 to my ear, which I think is just right. The lowest notes sound through clearly and it reacts well to rolling back the volume knob.

It does need heavier strings for the bottom couple, but I'm hearing that at least some of them may have shipped with a substantially smaller low F# string than they were supposed to (.060-ish vs. .072)

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Simply awesome. They are great looking guitars. I hope they do 6 and 7 string variants too - they would be very popular if Rondo Music could get a global distribution thing going.

·
Registered
4,924 Posts
It does need heavier strings for the bottom couple, but I'm hearing that at least some of them may have shipped with a substantially smaller low F# string than they were supposed to (.060-ish vs. .072)
Oh, thats probably why my F# seems a little floppy and buzzier than I thought it should for the scale length, that's ok though, I always change the strings anyway.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Awesome! I like the matte flame colour. I've a qualm about getting expensive matte finish guitars in the future though, for the reason that sweat makes certain bits shiny.

If they did that guitar in a 7-string floyd'd version, that'd be ace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts