Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I picked up a newer RG321MH at a pawn shop today (with the Gibraltar fixed bridge and loaded with a Duncan Full Shred in the bridge) for $125.00. Seems like a great deal to me. Other than needing a setup, it's in great shape.

I'd like to put a Duncan '59 in the neck and then put a Megaswitch E-model 5-way switch to do splits on the bridge and neck pickups. Does anybody know whether that guitar's body cavity is deep enough for that switch? It needs a 1-3/8" depth and 1-5/8" mounting screw spacing. Just curious whether anybody else has used this switch in these RGs.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, yea, I'm hoping it's a good guitar. I sold my old 80s RG560 about six months ago and have missed that neck. This new guitar's neck is wider and maybe a bit thicker, and is all nasty with fret edges hanging off, but it plays well.

Can't post pics because I immediately took the guitar to a luthier to have an Earvana nut put in and a setup done. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Pictures or it diden't happen!
Replying to my old thread, because I am just now at the point where I can post a pic. I added the megaswitch, an Earvana nut (not pictured), a Duncan '59 in the neck, and a Redzline pickguard. Pretty nice ax now, although I'm not sold on the Earvana yet. I think it still needs some fine tuning because the intonation seems just a hair off on an open A and open D chord.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts